PDA

View Full Version : Hey all, new guy here!

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
12-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey guys. I just joined last night. My name is Josh, I'm a local to Florida. I'm a member of cobaltss.net, which is where I heard about this website. I have a red Cobalt ss/sc. I'm not new to hand washing cars, but from what I've read, I'm new to doing it the "right" way. Ever since I started cleaning my car, I've used regular towels, not MF. I didn't know about any of the stuff being talked about on this forum, and I really still don't. If there's a newbie thread of how to get started or any beginner tips that are useful, please send them my way haha. I guess until next time, see ya! :buffing:

dublifecrisis
12-11-2008, 02:48 PM
welcome to the site! yeah these pros will get you down the right path. Household towels!!!! awwww, reading that is like scraping fingernails down a chalkboard. WHAT?!?! You used Suave shampoo to wash your car?!? Best advise is to just read as much as you can and search for specifics. There's great how to and great videos on here as well as youtube.

I got an idea-search for 'Cobalt' and I'm sure you'll find some before and after threads explaining their process and that'll just get you pumped even more.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
12-11-2008, 03:00 PM
I've been reading the Show N Shine section, and I love the 50/50 pictures. I wish I could go out and do it right now, but I don't have any of the stuff to use :(. Now when I wash my car, I use two buckets, MF towels, and car wash soap. At least I'm going down the right track now haha.

Brian_Brice
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Welcome to AG Josh, there are plenty of helpful and experienced people on this site but most of your questions will be answered with a simple search.

DemonFactory
12-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Hello from one new member in FL to another Josh. Everyone around is really cool and you will find a ton of information too!

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
12-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Where in North Florida are you?

DemonFactory
12-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Lake Asbury

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Ahh...Jacksonville...kinda close to where I'm at in Tallahassee.

ScottB
12-11-2008, 05:25 PM
look at the how-to's (tool bar) on the sales site , its a keeper. Welcome. We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store (http://www.autogeek.net)