PDA

View Full Version : Honda paint protection

phrosyn
12-10-2008, 08:11 PM
I have a friend who works at Honda Australia and just bought home some $1000 options, 3 step, 7 year warranty or something ridiculous like that paint protection bottles. Does anyone know anything about this sort of thing?

There arent really any instructions or info on the bottles other than "NU-Line Paint" and what step it is since its not really designed for consumers

charliehaley
12-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Worth a try but it doesn't look like $1000 to me. It's probably just another dealer gimick but i guess it cant hurt to try it...

Pyrocite
12-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Looks like Menzerna (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html)products in a small bottle and homemade labels :o

ScottB
12-11-2008, 05:35 PM
dealers use sealants plain and simple and the markup is crazy. Read the warranty and realize most suggest reapplication and even the dealer knows the average cars finish should get them past the initial manufacturers warranty. I would not suggest paying it, but if you get a free trial give it a run.

Streetlife
12-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Honda is pushing this product at the Acura dealers too. My regular service guy at the dealer told me about it. He brought it up because i had just performed a winter prepared detail on my Acura 3.0CL, he gave me my props as usual. He brought up this product that Honda now sells, he says that it can be used to remove tar and you can use it on your windows. I just laughed and told him, it can't beat what i have in my arsenal, and i bet it's much higher than the Surf City Garage and not better than the clearly better that i use on the windows, and i'm sure it's higher and not better than the Surf City Garage road trip grime destroyer that i use. Now car manufacturers are trying to cut into the detail product industry.Im the MAN