PDA

View Full Version : optimum poly seal

outlander
12-10-2008, 11:30 AM
just received my order of optimum poly seal. Would like a little feedback on it's application. And is it good for winter protectonFeed back please

wytstang
12-10-2008, 12:35 PM
PS is a great all in one, it's correction ability is very pad dependent. Very easy to work with, it literally melts into the paint with very little residue to remove. Never tried it for winter protection.
I would try it with a white polishing pad first to see if you like the results, if more cut is needed you can try a light cutting pad or a more aggressive polish.

trhland
12-10-2008, 12:46 PM
iv always wanted to try that. heard great things....

Chris Thomas
12-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I have used it with orange pads on a cyclo for pretty decent correction and you can mix it with OP to make a KILLER one step. I think it probably needs a topper for severe winter weather: i.e. OCW or OOS

BTW it smells like bananas!

dublifecrisis
12-10-2008, 01:53 PM
I use it often..usually on the PC with a white 5.5 inch pad. Like OP said, by the time you get a few passes, the residue is almost non existant. I usually buff off the residue with a polishing cloth spritzed with a squirt or 2 of OCW or DGAW and it's awesome. It's also great on windows. little goes a long way too.

CharlesW
12-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Most of the comments are regarding application by PC.
While I do use the PC with a polishing pad, Poli-Seal can be used by hand with decent results.
Yeah, it's better if you have a machine, but a machine isn't a must have for Poli-Seal anymore than many AIOs.
I use Opt-Seal for my LSP with it so I have no idea as to how well it works as a stand alone product. Most AIOs come up a little short in that department.
Great cleaner/polish.

Jimmie
12-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Like integrity said great mixed with OP. I keep a 75/25 Poli-Seal/OP bottle mixed. Got to mix some more. Almost gone.

vinnier6
12-11-2008, 12:22 AM
i personally wouldnt use poliseal as my only protection...i use the poliseal as a mild polish/cleaner, then top it with upp....any protection from the poliseal will just help out the lsp i put on top of it....

ScottB
12-11-2008, 05:36 PM
its a rather nice AIO product ...

Chris Thomas
12-11-2008, 07:57 PM
i personally wouldnt use poliseal as my only protection...i use the poliseal as a mild polish/cleaner, then top it with upp....any protection from the poliseal will just help out the lsp i put on top of it....

While I agree that I prefer it topped, I think with the sealant and carnuba wax left behind would be fine for about 3-4 months, unless you wash with strong shampoo. I top it because I love the combined look of it plus OOS, not really because I don't think it provides enough...JMO.

dublifecrisis
12-11-2008, 10:15 PM
yep-in my routine, it's just as easy to buff off the poli-seal with a good spray wax and be done with it. added looks and it's just second nature.

builthatch
12-11-2008, 11:08 PM
yep-in my routine, it's just as easy to buff off the poli-seal with a good spray wax and be done with it. added looks and it's just second nature.

bingo.

note to the OP- use the poli-seal VERY sparingly. start with 4 pea sized dots and see where that gets you.

if using a PC, IMO, for dark cars, if it needs any correction by the time you are going to use poli-seal, you missed a step and should take care of that before hand. finish it with the poli-seal on a green pad. on lighter cars that need correction, you can actually get away with compound and aggro pad before hand, and an orange pad or white pad with poli-seal to finish- nothing in-between. i just did an 01 argento (silver) f360 with this combination and it came out incredible. i then topped it with OS by request.