PDA

View Full Version : How often do you condition leather seats?

Pages : [1] 2

lhuapowell
12-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey, I bought a used 2004 Jetta TDI in June of 2008 with leather seats. I want to do anything I can to make them look good for as long as possible. I'm using pinnacles leather and vinyl cleaner followed by pinnacle leather conditioner. I do this once a month, is this a little much? How often do you condition your seats?

loudog2
12-07-2008, 05:03 PM
I do mine a couple times a year. Once a month is a little much.

charliehaley
12-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I think every 3 months should be plenty and will keep them well protected without too much waste.

supercharged
12-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Once every 3 months or so... I car is your daily driver, you could condition your drivers seat a little more often (every 7-8 weeks).

lhuapowell
12-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the quick replies.

mixxer
12-07-2008, 09:02 PM
cleaning is the most important, clean once amonth condition every three.

Blade
12-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I do a weekly wipedown with a damp MF cloth, paying particular attention to the driver seat. Every 3 months, I clean and protect with Leather Master.

Emile
12-07-2008, 11:31 PM
I remember when I used to use Lexol Leather Cleaner and Lexol Leather Conditioner, I used to do it once a month.

Now I just use a one-step leather cleaner and conditioner whenever I am doing a full interior cleaning, which is about once every few weeks. This is a bit excessive, but I smoke cigarettes and I work in construction so my car's interior gets filthy very quickly and I like to keep on top of it.

supercharged
12-08-2008, 05:49 AM
cleaning is the most important, clean once amonth condition every three.
Every time you clean, you remove the conditioning oils...That is unless you use something like Megs Quik Interior Detailer...
I condition after every deep (pure leather cleaner and Swissvax leather brush) cleaning.

Jimmie
12-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Depending on how much you're in the car and exposure to heat/cold every 3 to 6 months.
You have some nice products that will keep it looking new for 10 + years. Someone posted recently that he used Lexol for the past ten years and pictures of his leather did look new.

gary26
12-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Many opinions out there. I think as long as your using great products your okay. I do mine twice a year my last car was 9 years old and they looked almost new.

maddenbowler
01-05-2009, 12:18 AM
I use meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner. I probably do it every 2 weeks or so. But thats mainly because its so easy. shake the bottle, spray some on the seat, wipe off. Done in less than a minute.

supercharged
01-05-2009, 10:07 AM
I use meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner. I probably do it every 2 weeks or so. But thats mainly because its so easy. shake the bottle, spray some on the seat, wipe off. Done in less than a minute.
that's what I've been using on my first car with leather seats. but then I upgraded to a really good leather conditioner, and I'm glad I did.

Bunky
01-05-2009, 11:47 AM
that's what I've been using on my first car with leather seats. but then I upgraded to a really good leather conditioner, and I'm glad I did.

I started with Meguiars combo too but did not like how it left the seats slippery feeling for a couple days. I ended up going with the 4 star combo..i like it. It does not leave the seat slippery feeling and the smell is nicer ..more delicate leather smell.

maddenbowler
01-05-2009, 01:03 PM

what did you upgrade to?