PDA

View Full Version : PB Black hole or White Diamond Glaze

94LT1
12-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Iv been teaching my girlfriend how to detail her car.Its a 2001 Mineral Gray Mustang.It has a ton of flake in it.I introduced her to SSII and she instantly fell in love after she saw the finished product and she quickly picked up on how to apply paste wax and actually enjoys it but not exactly as much as i do.I have a serious detailing dissorder.but anyways.She gets very nauseous useing KAIO in the hot sun and i have to admit it can get 2 u at times in the heat.So im tryin to find and alternative prewax cleaner that she cause use after she washes but before she applies SSII.so my question is to help show off the flake should i get her PB's Black Hole or White Diamond Glaze.Thanks in advance.The picture below is her car with a coat of Megs GC.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k241/newguy5/Kayla%20and%20Her%20Stang/KaylasMustang005.jpg

94LT1
12-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Has anyone used either PB glazes?

Brace1
12-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I (actually Pockets) used both side by side on my silver Mazda 6, which is a little lighter than your GF's car but also with lotsa flakes. In a side by side we both gave the slight nod to Black Hole, which gave a little warmer glow and depth.

You can't go wrong with either one though. I just bought the Black Hole during the AG Cyber Monday and look forward to using it under my next coat of sealant.

Bunky
12-07-2008, 08:15 AM
I do not think the PB glazes are a replacement for KAIO since they do not have heavy cleaners. PB's Polish with Carnuaba is PB's AIO.

94LT1
12-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I do not think the PB glazes are a replacement for KAIO since they do not have heavy cleaners. PB's Polish with Carnuaba is PB's AIO.
So you think that PB polish with carnuaba cleans better then the glazes??im looking for a half decent cleaner that doesnt smell bad so she can atleast some wat prep the surface before she applies her wax.

Bunky
12-07-2008, 09:25 AM
I have a sample of Black Hole and used it on a test section. It did not seem to behave like a strong cleaner. The descriptions just says cleans and fills.

CharlesW
12-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Poorboy's Polish with Sealant and Optimum Poli-Seal are two very good cleaner/prep products. Both seem to be compatible with most LSPs, sealant or wax.
As a side benefit, they leave a decent amount of protection behind and I have been told that probably could be all that is needed for a month to 3 months durability.
I don't use either one as a stand alone, but there are those that do.

94LT1
12-07-2008, 10:29 AM
The descriptions just says cleans and fills.
Thats y i assumed it would be a half decent prep before wax.I personally use KAIO but she gets sick from the smell of it.Plesent scents are a huge selling point 2 her.

Dusty Bottoms
12-08-2008, 04:03 PM
You could use Duragloss 601 + 105 and top it with your favorite wax. Looks good on all colors, really durable, and smells nice.

wytstang
12-09-2008, 01:24 PM
A glaze that has some cleaning ability is Clearkotes Vanilla Moose Glaze. From my understanding they have re added the vanilla smell. That alone is worth the purchase :), it works well on all colors too.

Bunky
12-09-2008, 03:37 PM
PB Black Holes has a grape smell.

img
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Have you thought about noseplugs?

94LT1
12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Have you thought about noseplugs?
its not for me....i can handle it.its for the girlfriend and no she will not wear noseplugs