PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Protectant Plus?

Pages : [1] 2

Emile
12-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi,

While I love 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium, I have been on the prowl for a new multi-purpose interior cleaner and protectant because Einszett does not offer 1-gallon refills the way other companies do.

Who uses Optimum Protectant Plus, and do you like it?

Can it be used on interior aluminum/plastic trim parts and basically the whole interior? This is excluding fabric upholstery and carpet, obviously.

I also like how Cockpit Premium works on the gauges and on radio/navigation screens. Will Optimum Protectant Plus work on this stuffs too?

It looks like AG only sells the 1-gallon refill for Protectant Plus, but they sell the 17oz version of Leather Protectant. Why not 17oz Protectant Plus??

Thanks,
Emile

Thanks,
Emile

Chris Thomas
12-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Leather Protector IS OP+, but it's a dressing and has no cleaners in it.

shawndover
12-05-2008, 02:05 PM
So what interior parts can it be used on? Thanks.

Emile
12-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't think that's right. I believe that OP+ is the new version of Leather Protector, and both versions clean as well as protect.

Surfer
12-05-2008, 02:48 PM
OPP is excellent

wytstang
12-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Maybe out of stock.

Bunky
12-05-2008, 04:37 PM
OPP is a dressing with a fairly heavy fake leather scent that fades quickly. It adds a lot of gloss on matte surfaces but on semi-glossy surfaces the effect is less noticeable. It seems to be long lasting.

Shake well before using. I got a sample in a clear bottle and noticed it separates quickly.

I do not consider it a cleaner like 1z CP since I would not use it on clear dash parts but maybe it is ok.

Chris Thomas
12-05-2008, 08:25 PM
So what interior parts can it be used on? Thanks.
Notice that the link says Optimum Protectant Plus, but the product is Leather Protectant...

Optimum Protectant Plus offers complete protection for interior leather, vinyl, plastic & rubber dressing. vinyl and rubber dressing, vinyl (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-protectant-plus.html)

Chris Thomas
12-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't think that's right. I believe that OP+ is the new version of Leather Protector, and both versions clean as well as protect.

Care to Wager?

Jimmie
12-05-2008, 09:11 PM
A little confused here. Is OPP now OPtimum Leather Protectant? Same product as before I hope.

Chris Thomas
12-05-2008, 10:01 PM
A little confused here. Is OPP now OPtimum Leather Protectant? Same product as before I hope.

It's the NEW formula, just as good and a little better!

Emile
12-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Optimum's website makes this claim about the Protectant Plus:

"Optimum Protectant Plus is another innovative product from OPT that cleans, restores, and protects leather surfaces, vinyl surfaces, and moldings."

Is this true, or does the product really not clean?

Also, as another poster mentioned, what parts of the interior will Optimum Protectant Plus work on?

Chris Thomas
12-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Optimum's website hasn't been updated in a very long time. You will not find PowerClean, Leather Conditioner, OPII, OCII, or the new Metal Polish on there either. They've been working on the new products and have let the site fall to the wayside.

Anthony O. confirms the name change in post #4 here:
Optimum Leather Care...? - Optimum Forum (http://optimumforums.org/index.php?showtopic=711)

Light, touch-up cleaning but intended as a protectant here:
Protectant Plus? - Optimum Forum (http://optimumforums.org/index.php?showtopic=763)

Already gave you a link to Autogeeks product page that states surfaces to use on. (See post #8 in this thread)

ScottB
12-05-2008, 11:09 PM
(lets keep this civil) -- we are hear to help each other and to understand the products and brands AG carries.

Meghan
12-05-2008, 11:26 PM
As Killer said keep it civil, if you can't refrain from sharing! Remember what you parents taught you, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!