PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of Deep Crystal System #2 Polish?

kellyinkc
08-14-2006, 06:02 PM
I really like it for the price! Used it for years. Would like your opinion

emaxxman
08-14-2006, 06:29 PM
The DC#1 paint cleaner is OK. I've yet to try the polish. I'm hoping it's pretty good. I have a new bottle.

How do you like it? Does it remove light stuff like water spots well? Have you used it on a window?

Do you know if it's OK to use it on a PC?

kellyinkc
08-14-2006, 06:38 PM
I really like it. I use it by hand. It is a pure polish no cleaning ability.
Havr not tried it on a window.

Mike T
08-14-2006, 06:40 PM
I had pretty good success when I had used DC#2. Left the surface nice and smooth for my LSP which was Meg's #26 paste. I had some success with DC#1 as well.

kellyinkc
08-14-2006, 06:56 PM
For 5-6 bucks not bad. I have used the DCS 123 for years. Good stuff for the money.

emaxxman
08-14-2006, 07:10 PM
I really like it. I use it by hand. It is a pure polish no cleaning ability.
Havr not tried it on a window.

No cleaning ability?!:confused: Hmmm...I thought it did clean.

I just checked Meg's forum...this is their definition - pretty interesting.

Meguiar's offers two types of polishes, Cleaner Polishes and Pure Polishes. Cleaner Polishes are for removing very light or fine defects while restoring a crystal clear, smooth high gloss surface. Pure polishes are for finishes already in excellent condition and are for the purpose or creating brilliant high gloss with deep dark reflections.

Meguiar's cleaner polishes are formulated to very gently abrade the surface with Meguiar's Diminishing Abrasive TM and Buffered Abrasive TM technology to remove the finest defects and create a perfectly smooth, high gloss finish.

While I use a lot of Meg's products, I do think they are sometimes confusing in their definitions. It seems that most brands use "cleaner polish" to mean something that will, at the very least, chemically remove the previous LSP and any minor surface defects like oxidation. An abrasive polish would then be a cleaner by default because it would mechanically remove any LSP's, oxidation, etc.

Then again, I could be full of cr:Dp!

kellyinkc
08-14-2006, 07:15 PM
HMMM. I just looked at the bottle it says pure polish and says polishes out imperfections.
I agree sometimes I get lost in Megs teminoligy. I have been mainly a Megs user until finding this sight. Expanding!