PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Power Finish P023

94LT1
12-04-2008, 09:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone had experience with this polish and if they did what did they think about it.Im thinking of possibly picking up a bottle.
Does it shine up very nicely?or is a final polish still needed?how well does it remove swirls?what kind of pad selections would you recomend?

dublifecrisis
12-04-2008, 09:21 PM
From what I've read it does what it advertises, removes light swirls and finishes down nicely (LSP ready). Supposed to cut almost as good as SIP. It's in my shopping cart but I'm short on cash to order at the moment. I also have some Lake Country green pads which I think is the right combo. You could probably use a white pad to get a little more cut but then you MIGHT have to add a finishing step prior to LSP.

This of course is me just speculating from what I've read so I'm sure others will chime in.

94LT1
12-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Ya iv been reading to.For wat ever reason i ordered the Wolf Gang Duo which is the SR and FG 3.0 menzerna teamed up with them to make them like SIP and Nano.I like how the polishes broke down and removed almost everything but i completely forgot there 16oz.they cost a little less then Menzerna but Menzerna is 32oz so i feel really stupid right now for buying them a second time....ugh o well.my stupid fault.Ill see if someone wants to trade me something for them.

loudog2
12-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I've used it couple times. It is just like 106FA, just a litle stronger. More on the lines of a IP cut. Not as strong as SIP.

pwcheenie
12-04-2008, 09:47 PM
:cruisin:UPS dropped off my order today. Recieved the Mez 203 polish with recomended green and white waffle pads. The 1 quart bottle of polish is enough to do a fleet of cars. Can't give any feedback on the product yet. Right now it is 12 degrees above here in Minnesota. The 3" snow we recieved last night makes it impossible to wash or keep a car clean. Will post results later on, weather permitting.

Wendell Jarvis
12-05-2008, 07:22 AM
I have used the Menz Power Finish several times, about 5-6 cars, its a great product, it does have the cutting ability just below the SIP, leaves a great shine ( if anything please use litely, meaning dont over use it on your pads) it does require a little work, I always do IPA 50/50 wipe down and then re-wash the car( thats just me, wanna double check to mak sure that all the power finish has been removed) I used the LC 2 Orange pads 5 1/2, use one on half of the car then changed pad to do the other half, if you experince any build up or dust just use either water in a spray bottle or some QD spray, finally I use either the White or Blue 5 1/2 pads to apply either a sealant or Wax, I dont use sealant on all cars ( I charge extra for that one, he, he ) all in all it a great product....removes swirls, fine scratches and prepares the paint for either waxing or sealing.

94LT1
12-05-2008, 07:43 AM
I have used the Menz Power Finish several times, about 5-6 cars, its a great product, it does have the cutting ability just below the SIP, leaves a great shine ( if anything please use litely, meaning dont over use it on your pads) it does require a little work, I always do IPA 50/50 wipe down and then re-wash the car( thats just me, wanna double check to mak sure that all the power finish has been removed) I used the LC 2 Orange pads 5 1/2, use one on half of the car then changed pad to do the other half, if you experince any build up or dust just use either water in a spray bottle or some QD spray, finally I use either the White or Blue 5 1/2 pads to apply either a sealant or Wax, I dont use sealant on all cars ( I charge extra for that one, he, he ) all in all it a great product....removes swirls, fine scratches and prepares the paint for either waxing or sealing.
So useing Power Finish with a orange pad still finishes up nice and produces a nice shine??I figured u would have to use atleast a green pad or gray pad for it to finish up nicely and produce a nice shine

Wendell Jarvis
12-05-2008, 07:49 AM
So useing Power Finish with a orange pad still finishes up nice and produces a nice shine??I figured u would have to use atleast a green pad or gray pad for it to finish up nicely and produce a nice shine

After the evaluation of a the cars, I used orange pads 1 pad per half of the car, then switched to the green and went back over it ( forgot to include that on my orignal post) it early in the morning ( still on first cup of coffee) but, yes I started with orange then switched to green pads while the polish was still wet and went back over it.

dublifecrisis
12-05-2008, 12:16 PM
so hang on. You switch pads mid way through a section? Like you had an prange pad, did a few passes vertical and horizontal, THENswicthed to a green pad and finished breaking down the polish?

Wendell Jarvis
12-05-2008, 12:37 PM
so hang on. You switch pads mid way through a section? Like you had an prange pad, did a few passes vertical and horizontal, THENswicthed to a green pad and finished breaking down the polish?

This all depends on the condition of what you are working on: I started off orange pad, working in small areas 3x3 until one half of the car was complete, switched to green pad, add quarter size of Menz PF203 to Green pad, again worked it in 3x3 area (repeated same proccess on the other half of car) I used the orange to remove any swirl or scratch marks, used green pad to even out and to prepare paint for LSP.
Again, we all have different proccess, I chose this way to simply restore some cars that had not been detailed in a year or so, I am sure that you could get away with skipping the orange pad, but again it all depends on the condition of the car you are working on.

Wash
Clay or use Paint Cleaner,
Polish ( either IPA 50/50 or either re-wash, sometimes both)
Sealant
Wax
Is my usual routine

TheTick
12-06-2008, 01:12 PM
I used 4" orange pads and it took out light swirling with ease. My car is kind of a sand color and I checked the paint oustide in the sun, inside with halogens at all angles and could not find any reason to do a finishing polish. Extremely happy with the product as it saves time from doing a 2 step polish.