PDA

View Full Version : Recovering

joholste
12-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Hello all, I'm not a super active member here. Yesterday I had surgery to repair my rotator cuff of my left shoulder, which i tore in May 2007. Since that time i have been in quite a bit of pain and it was pretty difficult for me to detail vehicles, but i was able to as long as i took some pain pills before and after. From what the doctors say i should be fully healed in about 6-8 months... i'm hoping to be back in the gym by april and be back detailing by next summer. Recovery is going quite well with the exception of my dog which is really hyper keeps bumping my bad arm as i lay on the couch or sit up to get off the couch.

flyfishindawg
12-04-2008, 09:49 PM
I am going Monday to see about having the same thing done except that I tore mine 30 years ago and have never had it repaired. I now have a 6 year old little boy that I want to be able to play ball with so I am considering the surgery. My main concern is how to wipe as my wife has told me not to look at her when I feel the urge!

94LT1
12-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Glad to see your doing better.Good luck with the rest of your Recovery!

ss-truck
12-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Not to low rate you guys surgeries but 3 weeks ago today my wife had her second cancer surgery since Sept .2 and will need at least two more during a one year time frame IF all goes ok . Somewhere between her #2-3 sugeries I have to get my cancer surgery . When it rains here it pours .

flyfishindawg
12-04-2008, 11:18 PM
I hate to hear that and I wish you and your wife well. I guarantee you that my surgery is a little bit of nothing in comparison and, truthfully, is a lifestyle choice rather than a medical necessity. Do your best day to day and consider yourself covered in prayer next door in GA!

Ralph Waldo Emerson once was asked what he would do if he found himself at the point of suicide. He thought for a moment and said that he would walk to the door, open it, and walk until he found someone with a problem worse than his. Your situation proves that he wouldn't have to go far to find his inspiration.

I can't often figure out what God is doing but I do believe in his sovereignty and that even when we don't understand what is going on, I believe he does.

Sorry to sound preachy, but just what I believe. Hang in there!

Wendell Jarvis
12-05-2008, 07:40 AM
I hate to hear that and I wish you and your wife well. I guarantee you that my surgery is a little bit of nothing in comparison and, truthfully, is a lifestyle choice rather than a medical necessity. Do your best day to day and consider yourself covered in prayer next door in GA!

Ralph Waldo Emerson once was asked what he would do if he found himself at the point of suicide. He thought for a moment and said that he would walk to the door, open it, and walk until he found someone with a problem worse than his. Your situation proves that he wouldn't have to go far to find his inspiration.

I can't often figure out what God is doing but I do believe in his sovereignty and that even when we don't understand what is going on, I believe he does.

Sorry to sound preachy, but just what I believe. Hang in there!

:iagree::whs:

lethalxls1
12-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Get well soon everyone!

MoBenzOwner
12-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Get well soon everyone!

:iagree:

08 300C
12-06-2008, 01:25 AM
My prayers are with each of you, seven years ago I ended up in the Hospital with a 20 percent chance that I’d live, My wife, two sons and many many friends prayed for me and after 8 days in a coma I came to and walked out three days later and had no long term effects ( not that everyone agrees) but just to say NEVER give up hope and know that there are many people you may not even know that are praying for you and believe it or not God does love you. Hang in there, there is a purpose for everything I know its not easy to know why things happen the way they do.