PDA

View Full Version : Waterless

img
12-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Just used the DP waterless wash--was quite impressed.

Has anyone used the DP 4-in-1--thinking about trying it, as it appears
more cost effective (don't know if I want the "shine" properties though.

thanks

loudog2
12-03-2008, 10:34 PM
I use the ONR, which is the same. I like it. Was thinking of trying the DP 4-in-1. But I have only tried it as a wash, not clay lube or QD.

CharlesW
12-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Just used the DP waterless wash--was quite impressed.

Has anyone used the DP 4-in-1--thinking about trying it, as it appears
more cost effective (don't know if I want the "shine" properties though.

thanks
Waterless Wash:
The DP waterless wash is not something I have tried so I can't give a comparison, but.....
Poorboy's Spray & Wipe waterless wash works great.
I buy it by the gallon - $32.99 compared to the DP waterless at $44.99 a gallon.
You will also find that you will probably use less per wash after you have used a waterless product a few times. Once you start to trust it, you won't feel like you have to completly soak each panel.

Rinseless Wash:
Having used both the DP 4 in 1 and the Optimum No Rinse, I can't really say that I see any real difference in performance or results.
The ONR is slightly cheaper at $39.99 a gallon where DP 4 in 1 is $44.99 a gallon.
The ONR is also supposed to be used at a ratio of 1/2 oz. per gallon where the 4 in 1 is to be mixed at 1 oz. per gallon.
Both seem to do the job and since the ONR is quite a little less money per use, that might influence your decision.

AUdakota
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
i use 4-n-1 all winter and i love it. get it you will not regret it

Streetlife
12-03-2008, 11:38 PM
I use Poorboys Spray & Wipe, i love it too, I too have it by the gallon. A little goes a long way with this product.Im the MAN

Racin10s
12-04-2008, 09:55 AM
I use 4n1 and SW for my winter washings. I love both and the 4n1 works great as a QD and wash product.

I also use S&W as a QD and love it for that purpose as well. I just cut it 3:1 with distilled water. Smells great and leaves a nice shine.

Showroom Shine
12-05-2008, 06:53 AM
I have not tried the 2 waterless wash products mentioned here. I started using Dri Wash n Guard. I think I was snubbed on most sites whenever I talked about a Waterless Car Wash. But I see now that things are changing. The economy,gas prices, water restrictions,etc. Looks like the Waterless Products are going to be the way to go in the future!

CharlesW
12-05-2008, 08:29 AM
I have not tried the 2 waterless wash products mentioned here. I started using Dri Wash n Guard. I think I was snubbed on most sites whenever I talked about a Waterless Car Wash. But I see now that things are changing. The economy,gas prices, water restrictions,etc. Looks like the Waterless Products are going to be the way to go in the future!Six years ago, I would have told people they were crazy to even suggest I use a waterless wash. Today, the Spray & Wipe is one of my most used products.
A waterless or rinseless wash has almost completely replaced my bucket washes, but I do have some reservations on when to use them.
When my vehicles have a lot of build up of mud or salt residue, I stop by the DIY or a touchless drive-thru to knock of as much of the crap as I can. I do have a 2300# pressure washer that I sometimes use for the same purpose. It's just more work than I want to do when I can just drive through the touchless when I'm in the area. Since I usually apply more wax/sealant every 4 to 6 weeks, the soap removing any wax is of no great concern to me. The underbody wash and the capability of cleaning the wheel wells with high pressure is also a benefit. (In my mind anyway.) :)
Waterless or rinseless may not be for everybody, but it works for me.

As far as Dri Wash n Gard and similar products such as Wet Paint, I wasn't terribly impressed with their cleaning ability when I tried them on my boat. The S&W seemed to do a better job with much less rubbing required. The white overspray residue was another thing I didn't care for. I also wasn't interested in their wash & wax combination. The DW&G was given away and I think I still have some of the Wet Paint on a shelf in the basement.
FWIW, I did not see any marring with either product. Just didn't care for the way they worked.

hellfst
07-15-2013, 04:23 PM
I for ones want to see a review on this Dri Wash n Guard.

goldendodo19
07-15-2013, 04:33 PM
This thread is 5 years old

cleanmycorolla
07-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Way better waterless washes than DP. Try UWW+

Edit oh man old thread Grrrrrrr fell for it