PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO - Hand or machine?

Xcessiv
12-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi guys,

What's your personal experience using both methods? Which one gave the best result?

Also, is it ok to use AIO without SG on beater cars just to add reasonnable shine and protection?

Thank you.
Regards,
Yan

elk42
12-03-2008, 02:46 PM
i do both by hand. the trick is to not use too much. its not wax. its a quality product though.

Emile
12-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Well I would rather do Klasse AIO by machine for a speedier application, but it works fine both ways. I would imaging that you would get better results by machine as well. Just make sure you mist your foam pad or applicator pad with water before using.

Klasse AIO is just a polish product which lays down an acrylic coat. This acrylic coat will keep the paint shiny for 6-8 months in any condition, but it does not provide any actual paint protection, so no water beading or sheeting, or any protection from road grime, debris, salt, etc.

If $$$ is not on your side, then just purchase a cheap wax or polish, such as Duragloss #105 and apply a coat or two after using the Klasse AIO. If time is not on your side, then Optimum Poli-Seal would work very well. One coat will clean, polish, and seal up the paint with real paint protection for 3-4 months.

ScottB
12-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I have done both and went back to hand application. Its easy to regulate and buff off and didnt really look any different.

outlander
12-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Just Ordered A Bottle Optiuim Poly Seal . Hope It Works Thru The Winter. I Took You're Advice Instead Of Using The Classe Aio Will Try To Get A Coat On Befrore The Weather Gets Too Bad!

Xcessiv
12-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Thank you for the replies! More questions...

1) Does KSG react well over Poli-Seal, even if Poli-Seal contains some Karnauba?

2) What would give the best looking result?
a) Nanopolish + KAIO + KSG
b) Poli-Seal + KSG

3) In question 2), does a) justify the large price difference over b)?

4) How durable are the fillers in KAIO + KSG? I'm not talking about how durable is the protection, but the fillers hiding light swirls.

5) What has more cutting power between Nanopolish and Poli-Seal?

Thank you.
Yan

mini titan
12-04-2008, 08:14 AM
I dont know about the Optiseal. I do know Klasse in the pair WORKS.
I put it on a car that could never hold a shine. The paint on it for some reason would always chalk after a month or so. I applied the Klasse in the summer and the car still looks like i just cleaned it. That stuff is amazing!
The second application of the gloss coat was harder to work with than the polish that is for sure. When they tell you to put it in thin......Put it on thin I agree the and application will give you better results at least on the top coat portion. The portions where I was a little heavy were a bear to wipe off. When i read about the 8 months of protection I was not sure if it was Hype. But with 4 months into the the application now. It still looks great!

wytstang
12-04-2008, 12:25 PM
1.No, KSG needs a clean oil free surface to bond too.
2.A
3.Yes
4.No fillers
5.Nano

Emile
12-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Thank you for the replies! More questions...

1) Does KSG react well over Poli-Seal, even if Poli-Seal contains some Karnauba?

2) What would give the best looking result?
a) Nanopolish + KAIO + KSG
b) Poli-Seal + KSG

3) In question 2), does a) justify the large price difference over b)?

4) How durable are the fillers in KAIO + KSG? I'm not talking about how durable is the protection, but the fillers hiding light swirls.

5) What has more cutting power between Nanopolish and Poli-Seal?

Thank you.
Yan

1.) No. The paint of the vehicle has to be clean. Only Klasse AIO and previous coats of Klasse SG can be sitting on the paint before applying another coat of SG.

2.) You can't do b, so I'm going to say a.

3.) Yes it does justify the price because you don't really have a choice.

4.) The fillers (which are minimal at best), should last as long as the coat of Sealant Glaze itself, which is supposed to be up to one year.

5.) Nano Polish, definitely.

As a final suggestion, if you want to perform some correction to your paint, you could buy some Optimum Polish which is only $17 for 32oz and it's a great polish. Use it with white pads as a finishing polish to remove light swirls and scratches, or use it with orange pads to remove haze, swirl marks, and regular scratches. It's a lot cheaper than Nano Polish and I've found that it works impressively well.