PDA

View Full Version : Clear Coat and Paint Quality of different Cars

AudiTTman
12-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Hey guys, just wondering, ive had a couple people ask me to detail there cars after seeing my job on mine after using all my new menzerna SIP & Nano polishes/pc and all my other goodies. Its funny how just one time makes a world of difference. Yesterday i started on a BMW M-roadster and you would not believe the difference on just the hood(which took me 2 1/2 hours haha). Afterwords, i have a black corvette lined up. However, are there any paint jobs/clear coats/or make and models that i should be concerned about....basically paint and cc quality wise?? Id rather know it advance, than begin on a person's car and end up with a mess.

charliehaley
12-01-2008, 11:55 PM
I know the CC on vettes can be really hard. SIP and Nano would be great polishes for it with a machine with enough power. What are you using and what pads do you have access to including size?

AudiTTman
12-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Right now im using the LC orange to start off(SIP), then to a LC white(Nano Polish), then LC red(Sealent). The pad size is 5.5 inch with a Porter Cable 7424

Surfer
12-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Vette CC is hard, although the hardest is Mercedes Ceramiclear....good luck tackling that without the special polishes lol. Ford can have fairly tough CC on the trucks as well, my trucks were pretty hard to correct.

ScottB
12-02-2008, 05:40 PM
I currently have not seen/found a car that didnt react well to Menzerna SIP and Nano. I dont care what the bottles says or calls itself, it is a powerhouse combo. On some softer paints like Nissan you really only need Nano.