PDA

View Full Version : New Optimum Polish II ?

Pages : [1] 2

Craig
12-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I went for the bogo on the Optimum polish ( gold sticker stating new formula). Great polish for the price. Now I see there's a new Optimum polish II. Anyone know anything about the new polish?

Craig
12-01-2008, 09:41 PM
OK, checked on AG's new products. Not on there, checked on Optimums site, not there. Whats up with that?

Emile
12-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Yup, it's available for purchase on another online auto detailing store I will not mention. I think AG kept the Optimum Polish and Optimum Compound as BOGO because they want to get rid of it to make room for Polish 2 and Compound 2.

Surfer
12-02-2008, 12:50 AM
Any info on teh II versions? I still have the original from like 2 years ago, was a great product, that and the compound.

Chris Thomas
12-02-2008, 01:39 AM
The new polish has more cut, but dusts a bit. Still a long working time, but mist the pad a little.

Craig
12-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Mine turned to water it was so old, didn't have any problem getting it out of the bottle. In fact I could have sprayed it on a pannel. It's funny, the first thing I did was drill the top out so I could get polish out of the bottle, then it turns to water and a pin hole would have been big enough. So the add is right stating it has more cut. I was curious if anyone had used it.

Surfer
12-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Mine turned to water it was so old, didn't have any problem getting it out of the bottle. In fact I could have sprayed it on a pannel. It's funny, the first thing I did was drill the top out so I could get polish out of the bottle, then it turns to water and a pin hole would have been big enough. So the add is right stating it has more cut. I was curious if anyone had used it.You know whats weird, when I 1st got the original stuff, I saw all the reports after of people complaining about use with the bottles. My polish and compound came out fine, go figure lol. I have the original and really liked them so figure I'll upgrade to the II version when it comes out.

Meghan
12-02-2008, 12:36 PM
We have the new versions and new products
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/16054-optimum-update.html

Craig
12-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Mine was like dry wall mud. Just wouldn't come out the small hole in the cap, drilled it out two times to get the hole large enough. I guess thats why dry wall mud is in 5 gal buckets and not 5 gal bottle with a 1/8 inch hole:mad:. Shaking the bottle, like shaking a rock long enough it will turn to liquid. :D
All in all, a great bogo deal.

Chris Thomas
12-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Craig, are you thinking you have OPII because of the Gold Sticker? That is not OPII. That is just the updated original version. OPII just came out and hasn't been on BOGO.

heatgain
12-03-2008, 12:05 PM
I bought the Optimum Polish on BOGO and 1 bottle has the sticker and the other doesn't. Wonder if that means one is the updated original and the other is even older??

Craig
12-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Meghan is on line now. Send her a email. I would think both are the updated. If one was the original it would be old, I can't see stock that old still around.

outlander
12-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Just Ordered A Bottle From Autogeek Don't Know If I Ordered The New Or The Old. Are There Any Differences In The Product?

islandvic
12-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I ordered the Opt Compound and Polish on the BOGO deal.

They had the Gold Circular Decals with the old lable.

I called David at Optimum and he said there were many Version II product sent out in old stock bottles.

The way to tell is to look at the consistancy. If it's very thick, then it is the new version. If it looks watery, then its the older version.

The compound I received was the old version, and the Polish was the Version II.

David said he wanted to get the new product out but couldnt get enough of the new lables in time to meet demand, so he resorted to using old bottles with the gold labels.

He told me the compound I received though with the gold circular lable was old version since it ahd a watery consistancy. He apologized but told me the only difference was that Version II cuts and works faster and dusts a little less, but the product I received was still excellent.

Call Optimum's 800 # and you can talk to David the owner. It's great you can talk to the man himself that owns the firm.

Craig
12-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Sound good to me, I received two bottles of the version II polish then. Both of mine are very thick, so thick it's a PITA to get any out. Drilled the holes out, helped a little. islandvic, thanks for going the exta mile and letting everyone know.