PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna FMJ

ObsessiveAutoDetail
12-01-2008, 10:33 AM
I know AG doesn't carry Menzerna's Full Molecular Jacket - but has anyone here used it before? Any comparisons to Wolfgang's DGPS? I know the Wolfgang TSW and Finishing Glaze are a colaboration between the two companies, is the DGPS as well?

-josh

Dwayne
12-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi Josh,

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 is made with German polymers and manufactured by Palm Beach Motoring Accessories.

Since Menzerna of Germany doesn't make a paint sealant, we have found that Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is the best product to use for paint protection after polishing with Menzerna products. The Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover and the Finishing Glaze are both manufactured by Menzerna of Germany for Wolfgang.

nrengle
12-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Also from what Meghan told me a while ago is that FMJ isn't made by Menzerna, but is just branded under their name. No clue who manufactures it.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
12-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Ok. Cool. Thanks for your feedback folks. I wasn't looking to replace my trusty Wolfgang products-NO WAY! I just found the FMJ product on another site and was wondering.

-josh

Buddy
12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Well, Thats dissapointing to hear. I've been going back and forth to which to buy ## Jet Seal 109 or Menzerna FMJ. I just bought a quart of FMJ. Should have bought WG 3.0 Instead like I was going to do in the first place. but no. If anyone finds out more. Please, Post. TIA

Sorry for the blooper

supercharged
12-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Menzerna FMJ gives stunning look, which seems to go away after a couple of washes. With it's premium price of $40, I'd rather stick with Wolfgang Fuzion 3.0, which is polycharged and gives you much better durability.

loudog2
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Menzerna FMJ gives stunning look, which seems to go away after a couple of washes. With it's premium price of $40, I'd rather stick with Wolfgang Fuzion 3.0, which is polycharged and gives you much better durability.
Jet seal 109 is the same. Not to durable

Junebug
12-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Chemical Guys say to do 2 coats of JetSeal and add a wax like Pete's 53 or 50-50 for the best results. I don't know, almost everybody I talked to about Jetseal said it wasn't that good. I do know that 50-50 is good, very good in looks and durability. IMHO - the best sealant is the Zaino system - I say system because if you cheap out and just get Z2 or Z5 (like I once did) then you're not doing yourself any favors. Get ZAIO and eitherZ2 or Z5 and don't skip the Z6 and Z8.

BTW - I tried everything else before Z, and a few after, and I come back to Zaino each time.

But - YMMV

loudog2
12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
I'll stick with my Wolfgang DGPS 3.0. It's one of the best in my book.