PDA

View Full Version : Polish & Wax suggestions

SATracker
11-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Over Christmas break I'm working on my kids' cars & I need some suggestions.
1) Daughter-v2001 Honda; Bright Red Civic, minor scratches
2) Son- 2007 Scion; dark, metallic gray. For the most part, great paint. But there's a couple of places that it looks like the clearcoat is gone. Last time I saw something like it, a Prism had bird droppings eat through it. My son lives in Austin, I'm in San Antonio. Beats me what happened.

Suggestions on polish & wax?
I'll wash & clay w/ Pinnacle; sealant will be WG; final wax will be Pinnacle souveran (which I just bought in sale). I'll be using a Porter Cable (which I laso just bought on sale), Lake Country 5.5" pads.

94LT1
11-30-2008, 03:18 PM
For Polishes id look into either Menzerna Super Intense Polish & Nano Polish.Or you could use Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 & Finishing Glaze 3.0.They are essentially the same but the Wolfgang bottles are 16oz and dont dust as much and the Menzerna bottles are 32oz and dust a little more.5.5" pads are good.Ud probably want atleast Orange,white,gray, and blue.Orange pad for the more severe stuff then step down to white for the finishing polish.Or you could use White for the Swirl Remover and step down to gray for the finishing polish if the scratches are minor surface scratches.

ScottB
11-30-2008, 04:47 PM
wont necessarily need the ceramiclear polishes as foreign paint is usually pretty easy to correct. Menzerna IP and MP or FP would likely be all thats needed.

SATracker
11-30-2008, 11:07 PM
For my own clarification, do you mean Menzerna IP, then either and MP or FP? Or is it Menzerna IP and MP, or Menzerna FP by itself? Sorry man, new at this.