PDA

View Full Version : Chrome wheels

Surfer
08-14-2006, 10:16 AM
What is a good polish for chrome, I have Mothers Mag and Aluminum and some other polishes that all seemed to say for all metals, but on the back in small letters say not for chrome. Already used the Mothers on my chrome wheels and didn't seem to do anything, tured a little black from cleaning but I think AIO did a much better job. I have fine lines/scratches in my chrome wheels and was wondering what polish would help. Can't see them unless upclose, but still annoys me.

So what would you use, also would you get the Mothers Powerball or Flitz since I saw somebody mention the Mothers is softer for delicate surfaces.

Surfer
08-14-2006, 02:15 PM
help the Surfer, this forum is dead today what are you all at work :D

Kelso
08-14-2006, 03:29 PM
my favorite wheel polish has been nevr-dull. just one opinion, hoping someone else will chime in

Surfer
08-14-2006, 04:38 PM
my favorite wheel polish has been nevr-dull. just one opinion, hoping someone else will chime inYep, thought about that one, isn't it more of a clay/wad type product that you just rub. I have fine scratches/marring that I'm trying to see if theres a polish for chrome wheels to reduce that marring. I'm pretty sure their chrome plated but I've heard some have a CC and some don't so....

Wheres Scott (Killr) when you need him:D

ScottB
08-14-2006, 05:41 PM
I would not own any set of chrome or highpolished wheels without a Mothers Powerball Mini. (its so much better than original as it fit everywhere).

Chrome polish .... well other than the Mothers. I can only offer that at last years Detailfest Jason was telling me about an expensive product called Blue-job that motorcycle clients demand. Never tried it .... and Clearkote has a metal polish, but I have yet to test.

joe.p
08-14-2006, 07:56 PM
I would not own any set of chrome or highpolished wheels without a Mothers Powerball Mini. (its so much better than original as it fit everywhere).

Chrome polish .... well other than the Mothers. I can only offer that at last years Detailfest Jason was telling me about an expensive product called Blue-job that motorcycle clients demand. Never tried it .... and Clearkote has a metal polish, but I have yet to test.
I tried Mothers original power ball today i can't say i like it all that much for the same reasons you mention. I polished up the wheels with PB's PP and a layer of wheel sealant. Whats odd is you dont see it in natural light so i guess i'll keep the exennon light off it..

I clayed the hood the paints feels like a rocky mountain Rd from tree sap,so i waxed with OCW dressed everything, before i polish the paint im gonna wait for the owner to return.

I cant get the sap off for the life of me,what would happen if i used SMR/polished with the sap on the paint?

Surfer
08-14-2006, 08:08 PM

Chrome polish .... well other than the Mothers. I can only offer that at last years Detailfest Jason was telling me about an expensive product called Blue-job that motorcycle clients demand. Never tried it .... and Clearkote has a metal polish, but I have yet to test.I was looking at the Blue-Job stuff on here, and yes, I thought it was called something else at first;):D. I look into the Clearkote stuff as well. With al lteh expensive aftermarket chrome wheels, I would think there a polish that would reduce swirls/scratches that appear on them, right?

So you like the Mothers Ball over the Flitz?

ScottB
08-14-2006, 08:41 PM
I was looking at the Blue-Job stuff on here, and yes, I thought it was called something else at first;):D. I look into the Clearkote stuff as well. With al lteh expensive aftermarket chrome wheels, I would think there a polish that would reduce swirls/scratches that appear on them, right?

So you like the Mothers Ball over the Flitz?

Powerball material is foam and does not heat up. Smaller version works extremely well and fits into small spots. The original Flitz ball is alot like felt, and gets rather dirty and soaked quickly.

Kelso
08-14-2006, 09:44 PM
i dont think nevr dull would remove scratches, but i just love how it looks when you finish. it is a wadding polish... kind of this stringy stuff you just kinda rip out a piece and start rubbing. probably not what your looking for in this situation but a great product.

and LOL @ the blue job:p

99 hardtop
08-24-2006, 02:48 PM
What is a good polish for chrome, I have Mothers Mag and Aluminum and some other polishes that all seemed to say for all metals, but on the back in small letters say not for chrome. Already used the Mothers on my chrome wheels and didn't seem to do anything, tured a little black from cleaning but I think AIO did a much better job. I have fine lines/scratches in my chrome wheels and was wondering what polish would help. Can't see them unless upclose, but still annoys me.

So what would you use, also would you get the Mothers Powerball or Flitz since I saw somebody mention the Mothers is softer for delicate surfaces.

I have a set of chrome wheels on my vette and use Mothers Mag and Alum. to clean and then follow with a product called WENOL. It has been around for years and it does a fine job. Always put two coats on. Never a problem.:cheers:

Surfer
08-24-2006, 06:00 PM
I have a set of chrome wheels on my vette and use Mothers Mag and Alum. to clean and then follow with a product called WENOL. It has been around for years and it does a fine job. Always put two coats on. Never a problem.:cheers:So you use the Mother Mag and Alum on your chrome wheels, ok now I don't feel like I did something bad lol. I didn't see an ill effects, so wonder why it says don't use on chrome? I know plenty of others use it on chrome on other board with no problems so.....

I'll look into WENOL as well. BTW - How do you use the Mothers M & A in cleaning, on a Powerball etc?

99 hardtop
08-28-2006, 10:28 AM
So you use the Mother Mag and Alum on your chrome wheels, ok now I don't feel like I did something bad lol. I didn't see an ill effects, so wonder why it says don't use on chrome? I know plenty of others use it on chrome on other board with no problems so.....

I'll look into WENOL as well. BTW - How do you use the Mothers M & A in cleaning, on a Powerball etc?

Don't know how to answer that question, except to say I have been using it for years on my Vette and never a problem. Does fine job. Use the WENOL, I am sure you will be satisfied. Good product.:cheers: