PDA

View Full Version : From wash to finish

SATracker
11-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Currently I start off with WG AutoBathe, Klasse AIO, WG Sealant, Pinnacle Souveran. As a novice, looks better than the old days. Now I've got a Porter & I'd like to reconsider my approach.
I've been doing some research and I'm ready to consider changing things up a little. I only do my cars and I can take all the time I want and be as obsessive as I want.
If I start of with WG or Pinnacle wash; Klasse AIO to clean the paint (necessary?); Menzerna polish (Minor scratches on my maroon 1999 Chev. Tracker, minor scratches on a 2000 red civic; & is AIO & Menzerna polish redundant?); WG Sealant; Pinnacle Souveran. Too much? Not enough?
Can someone walk me through their process?

charliehaley
11-28-2008, 04:02 PM
I would either leave out the AIO or put if after your polish to be sure all polishing oils are removed but other than that you are right on. Also dont forget to clay between your washing and polishing steps.

robb01
11-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I would either leave out the AIO or put if after your polish to be sure all polishing oils are removed but other than that you are right on. Also dont forget to clay between your washing and polishing steps.
:goodpost: Clay is a very important step

SATracker
11-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah, forgot that step. I use Pinnacle Clay & Lubricant. Thanks for reminding me...good point!

loudog2
11-29-2008, 04:43 PM
You could use either menzerna power finish 203 or 106FA with minor scratches/swirls. If you go heavier like SIP, you'll need to use a finishing polish after. AIO is not needed with the first two.

-wash, clay, polish, wash again(At least I do),sealant and wax.

Wolfgang DGPS is great by itself. It makes the paint pop. Souveran is kind of a warm wet glow. See how you like the DGPS by itself. I would also due 2 coats of the DGPS to ensure full coverage. Even the best people misss spots.