PDA

View Full Version : Is there a better value for good wax right now other than BOGO Souveran?

Svetlana
11-26-2008, 12:26 PM
I've done a lot of reading on this site and the Pinnacle line looks like a good choice. I've heard so many great things about Souveran and while I would never spend that much on wax, I can justify it at BOGO as a Christmas gift for my Dad and a bonus for me ;)

But I really prefer to buy value. Considering the quality of Souveran, is there really a better value out there right now consider the BOGO offer?

loudog2
11-26-2008, 12:34 PM
You can't go wrong with any BOGO. The fuzion sale last week was a great deal. I held off on the BOGO signature series II Wax, to get fuzion instead for $99 w/free refill.

wytstang
11-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Take into consideration that Souveran is a beauty wax, so it doesn't last long. On the flip side it doesn't take much to cover a car either. I enjoy both Souveran and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant on dark colors. WG will last longer before needing reapplication. But Souveran has the edge on looks, it is just a wet looking wax that applies and removes like butta.

Svetlana
11-26-2008, 12:49 PM
The longevity of the protection is a concern, I didn't consider that.

Would some Duragloss 105 (that's the sealant right?) go over the Souveran well to help it last longer?

wytstang
11-26-2008, 01:00 PM
No Sealants need an oil free surface to properly bond to the paint. Carnuaba waxes get there "wet look" from the oils in them. Now you can do Duragloss first and then top it with souveran.

Svetlana
11-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Sealant first, then wax. Gotcha - thanks

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
11-26-2008, 01:24 PM
If you are looking for a great looking wax BUT are also concerned with durability I would HIGHLY suggest Collinite 915. Dont let the inexpensive price tag fool you.. It is the real deal! If durability were not an issue I would say Souveran at 2 for 1 price is a deal you SHOULD NOT pass up

Collinite Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax #915 (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-marque-wax-915.html)

Although Souveran was not included in this test, You will see in the below thread that an EXTENSIVE test was done to determine the *best* wax and the collinite I suggested (and I also use) was #2

Big Wax Test - Looks Results - Full Review - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=79801&highlight=wax+test)

supercharged
11-26-2008, 02:19 PM
If you are looking for a great looking wax BUT are also concerned with durability I would HIGHLY suggest Collinite 915. Dont let the inexpensive price tag fool you.. It is the real deal! If durability were not an issue I would say Souveran at 2 for 1 price is a deal you SHOULD NOT pass up

Collinite Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax #915 (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-marque-wax-915.html)

Although Souveran was not included in this test, You will see in the below thread that an EXTENSIVE test was done to determine the *best* wax and the collinite I suggested (and I also use) was #2

Big Wax Test - Looks Results - Full Review - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=79801&highlight=wax+test)
:iagree::whs: and if I was you I'd get Souveran (since it's on BOGO sale anyway), Duragloss #601+#105 combo for an ultimate winter protection, and Collinite 476S. Remember that you also get 15% off + free shipping on orders over $50 (turkey15 is the coupon code for this). and that's one of the best deals of the year, that's like 30% off!!!:righton:

ScottB
11-26-2008, 02:27 PM
this is the best deal offered for Souveran ... a two for one special is absolutely crazy. And yes the Fuzion deal last week was also a homerun !!

akimel
11-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Svetlana, the Souveran BOGO really is a good deal, if only to satisfy the desire to try a special wax. If giving a tub of Souveran to your father will bring him delight, if using Souveran on your car will make you feel special (and it probably will), then get the Souveran. Applied properly (namely, thin), it will last you a couple of years, even if you have to lay down a coat of wax every 4-6 weeks.

But will you and I notice a significant improvement between a car that has been waxed with Souveran and a car that has been waxed with, say, NXT or PS21 or Natty's Blue? The car wax test cited above suggests that we may not be able to tell the difference. I don't know.

Expert detailers do agree, however, that the critical difference is made by the prep and polishing that precedes the LSP. If the necessary prep work is missing, do not expect your car, after an application of Souveran (or whatever), to look like the cars in the photographs that are often posted on websites like AutoGeek; but regardless, your car will look better.

If both durability and value are of concern (and they are legitimate concerns), then by all means consider one of the Collinite waxes. #845 is popular, looks great, is easy to apply and remove, and lasts a long time. It won't won't last as long as #915, but it will still last longer than most carnauba waxes, as well as many sealants (the manufacturer predicts 5-7 months (http://collinite.com/faqs.htm)). But what you lose in longevity you gain both in cost and ease of application and removal. I'm a big fan of #845.

Good luck!

Al

Surfer
11-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Now that I know what a friggen BOGO is, Souveran BOGO is a win-win. Collinite 915 isn't expensive, so pick up it as well, great looks and top notch durability, damn wax will outlast basically any sealant.