PDA

View Full Version : New Member in New York

Nick1214
11-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi,

I have a 2008 Civic EX-L Navigation (EX, with leather and Navi).

I started using zaino products the day I got the car 8/8/08 and I am hooked. Here is what I have done so far:

8/8/08-

1. Wash with dawn(2 Bucket method using cotton clothes)
2. Z18 Claybar using zaino Z7 mixed with water as a lube
3. Wash with Z7 to remove clay residue
4. Applied one coat of Z2 with ZFX
5. After Lunch I applied another coat of Z2(I know i should have used Z6 in between coats)
6. I used Z6

My Civic is Alabaster Silver so I did not really need to use Z-AIO or Z5.

I also have a Black 2008 Honda Pilot EX-L RES (EX Leather and Rear Entertainment System). I used Pretty much the same process on the Pilot except instead of Z2 I used Z5 with a top of Z6.

The only thing I did differently is that I did not seal the alloys on the Pilot like I did to the Civic.

I have this Zaino Kit:

Zaino Ultimate Protection Show Car Kit: Zaino Store (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZKIT-2&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=22)

For the past 3 years I have also done some "detailing" on the side. My details were NOTHING NEAR anything on this site but it was better then at the car wash. I used wax before zaino and found all of the products I use by trial and error.

This is what I use:

Wash- Turtle Wax( I can't even remember which one as I have not used it in like 4 months) with sponges of Z7 with cotton clothes
Dry-An old Johnson Wax chamois that my great uncle from Italy gave my dad
Wheels- Amor-All Tire=+wheel cleaner or F21
Wax- Mothers if the sealant is not wanted

Zaino Ultimate Protection Show Car Kit: Zaino Store (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZKIT-2&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=22)

for

Sealant
Leather
Wheel
Tire- or Armor all extreme tire gel(I like the Armor All better)

I have not tried Z-AIO, Clear Seal, ZPC, Z8, Z12, Z14, 6 inch Tri-Foam applicator or the bucket with grit guard/

Has anyone used these products and provide any feed back.

Thank you and I look forward to being a memeber of this forum and contributing in anyway possible

~Nick

Pyrocite
11-25-2008, 04:55 PM
PICTURES OR BAN!!!

JK Welcome to AG :)

Nick1214
11-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Upload Errors DSCF3307.JPG:
Upload of file failed.

I got that error messgae when trying to attach a picture of the pilot

Emile
11-25-2008, 05:46 PM
I used to use Z2 and Z5, but now I only use Z-AIO and Z-CS. Sometimes I use Z-FX w/Z-AIO which enhances dry time and cure time, and it enhances gloss and durability.

I like how Z-AIO polishes and seals glass, plastic, and chrome, along with the paint, and Z-CS provides a nice long-lasting sealant for pretty much any surface, but the Z-CS does very little for looks.