PDA

View Full Version : New member from Chula Vista (San Diego area), CA

Hashimon
11-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi fellow Autogeeks!

I have always tried to keep my car clean and detailed but have always done it manually. I'm getting too old for this. I was thinking of buying a PC 7424 until I found this site and a bunch of you recommend the Flex.

Money is an issue since I've been out of work for a year now. But is it worth it to bite the bullet and spend the extra bux and buy the Flex instead of the PC? You know, I don't want to buy the PC and then later (when I'm working) upgrade to the Flex.

Since I don't have anything in the way of a buffer, can you guys recommend what is a good starter package? My car is relatively clean. Not oxidized much though I noticed that I'm getting a little haze on it.

This site is great for info but as a newbie it can be a bit overwhelming when you just don't know.

With all your help, I'm looking forward to becoming, at least, a good home auto detailer.

Thanks and hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend! Show off your car tomorrow!!!

dublifecrisis
11-22-2008, 09:12 PM
welcome! If I was out of a work for a year, I wouldn't buy anything too expensive. But if you have the extra money the PC would be fine. For the money, you can't go wrong with the Optimum kit.Try and opt for the 5.5 pads vs the 6 and consider getting some 4" pads with the 3.5" backing plate. That would be a great package for the money. If you're really into detailing, even as just a 'weekend warrior', and are on a budget, there's plenty of ways to get the most for your money without sacrificing much reward.

robb01
11-22-2008, 10:28 PM
:welcome:

supercharged
11-23-2008, 01:15 AM
:welcome:

Buddy
11-23-2008, 01:47 PM
WELCOME......:welcome:......:buffing:

Hashimon
11-26-2008, 01:39 AM
welcome! If I was out of a work for a year, I wouldn't buy anything too expensive. But if you have the extra money the PC would be fine. For the money, you can't go wrong with the Optimum kit.Try and opt for the 5.5 pads vs the 6 and consider getting some 4" pads with the 3.5" backing plate

Hey dublifecrisis,
Thanks for the info. I'm going to do just that...buy the PC, 5.5" pads and a couple of 4" pads. There's a kit with the Menzerna product and some 5.5" pads. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get that.

Everyone else, thanks for the welcome! I've already read tons of info and since I didn't win the $250 giveaway I can go ahead and make my purchase.