PDA

View Full Version : After using Menzerna

AudiTTman
11-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Hey guys, i did my entire car with the kit and menzerna polishes and really could not believe the results. I actually have 3 questions now since i used it. First off, how big of a different would I see going to the wool pad from the orange(i saw some places that had some minor markings and i thought i needed to possilbe use it). Second, if i do want to go back and fix something up, assuming i have already polished and sealed it, wat are they steps i should go about doing that? Do i need to remove everything off the surface on that area? Other than that, the product is amazing!!

I would have pics up, but because of the terrible weather im having here, my car eventually ended up with salt of over the paint after i spent atleast 2 days working on it. However, i will take pics possilbe tomarrow, thank you guys. Tyler

imageautodetail
11-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Hey guys, i did my entire car with the kit and menzerna polishes and really could not believe the results. I actually have 3 questions now since i used it. First off, how big of a different would I see going to the wool pad from the orange(i saw some places that had some minor markings and i thought i needed to possilbe use it). Second, if i do want to go back and fix something up, assuming i have already polished and sealed it, wat are they steps i should go about doing that? Do i need to remove everything off the surface on that area? Other than that, the product is amazing!!

I would have pics up, but because of the terrible weather im having here, my car eventually ended up with salt of over the paint after i spent atleast 2 days working on it. However, i will take pics possilbe tomarrow, thank you guys. Tylerwhat type of polisher are you using and are the marks you are talking about from the polishing or are they paint defects that did not get removed?

AudiTTman
11-22-2008, 10:10 AM
im using a porter cable 7424. The marks were just paint defects that werent removed.

imageautodetail
11-22-2008, 03:37 PM
it might just be more than the pc can handle audis have pretty hard CC coat, I would never try to do any paint correction on an Audi without a rotary. I think you will intriduce more defects with wool, try the orange pad and just work the death out of the area and finish and see what your results are

AudiTTman
11-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Thats wat i was thinking. I stuck with the orange one the first round of polish and i was surprised that it did removes about 90% of the swirls, marring and so forth. Mine must have no been so bad since i baby the car like an infant child. Other than that,im gettin a ton of dust as well. Should i go for like a final wash or with that ruin my work?? I also apply a sealent so i thought that could be a possibly fix at the moment to get off some of that dust

ScottB
11-22-2008, 04:16 PM
everytime you go back and use the polish, even the finishing polish alone, it will remove any sealants, waxes, or glazes over them. And yes you can always spot polish areas as wanted.

AudiTTman
11-22-2008, 04:50 PM
hey thank you scott, thats exactly the answer i was looking for. Ill have to put some pictures up as soon as the weather here calms down and i can get a thorough clean. My friends have asked me what im using because they were very impressed. I told them that autogeek was the holy-book of all detailing tips and supplies. Maybe i should be a marketing salemen for the site hhaha.

Meghan
11-23-2008, 09:39 AM
AudiTTman maybe we need to put you on the payroll! Can't wait to see some pictures.

AudiTTman
11-23-2008, 06:06 PM
hahahah sounds good to me!!! I may need alil more practice though on detailing first. Today i found out that i actually took some of my paint off the lower side skirts on my car. It seems to have happened where the skirt turns to almost a textured surface. Its not terrible, but ill have to respray and cc a little area. Im guessing this is a lesson only a new person would learn. Note to self= USE MORE TAPE NEXT TIME.