PDA

View Full Version : Swirls in red paint

detailer
03-23-2006, 03:23 PM
I have a red 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. The paint is in excellent condition and I have allways taken great care of it. Recently I removed the pinstripe on the sides of the vehicle. When I did you could see where the Pinstripe was. To blend it in I clayed the car first then used Menzerna Power Gloss followed by Final Polish II followed by a sealer. I used a Dewalt circular buffer for all this using Foam pads, yellow for the Power gloss and white for the FP II. The paint still has swirls in it and I am not getting the deep shine I want without swirl marks. I have allways had a hard time keeping all the swirl marks even when I switched to Menzerna products. By the way the Menzerna products did help some but not as good as I like. I would like to be able to look at in under a Flourescent light and have no swirls. Any ideas on which products to use to achieve the results I am looking for?

Matt
03-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Are you saying that you have rotary holograms left behind fom the DeWalt?

If so, I would recommend using a Porter Cable 7424 with a polishing pad and something like Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover to correct the defects. It is very hard to get a swirl-free finish after polishing with a rotary, and this is what makes the Porter Cable so great.

joe.p
03-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Matt,
are you saying that using the PC after a rotorary to remove halograms is what makes the PC so great or using a PC period?

. It is very hard to get a swirl-free finish after polishing with a rotary, and this is what makes the Porter Cable so great.

detailer
03-24-2006, 09:16 PM

If so, I would recommend using a Porter Cable 7424 with a polishing pad and something like Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover to correct the defects. It is very hard to get a swirl-free finish after polishing with a rotary, and this is what makes the Porter Cable so great. I think they are rotary holograms. I have a Porter Cable so I will try the Wolfgang swirl remover. How does Wolfgang swirl remover compare to Poorboys polishes as far as getting rid of rotory holograms. Thanks for the advice!