PDA

View Full Version : Spilled Milk in Mini Van

heavenlyv6
11-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Hey everyone,

I detailed my neighbors Honda Odyssey about a week ago and I saw her last night. She said her van smelled horrible. I explained to her when I detailed her van that she needed to keep her windows down to allow the carpets to get some air to them and also to help dry them, they were still a little damp from the cleaning. I used an all purpose degreaser and Woolite Stain Remover. She said she forgot to put her windows down, so now it does smell pretty bad. She had alot of spilled milk on the carpets that came out, but the smell is still there. I once had this same issue and told the lady to cut two apples in half and place them in the car, and they could absorb the smell. It worked for the one lady but with this one I am not sure. You guys have any other ideas on how to help get rid of the smell. I do not have an Mytee, just a shop vac and some elbow grease to remove stains! Help!!

robb01
11-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Probably be easiest to replace the pad under the carpet if you can't get the smell totally out

AeroCleanse
11-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Meguairs makes an odor eliminator in the mirror glaze line.

heavenlyv6
11-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Is the odor of milk one of those things that are really tough to totally remove, the stains came up but since I had to wet the carpets a little its like they absorbed the odor. Any other ideas? Oh, I used the Meguiars all purpose cleaner and Woolite, just an fyi.

Showroom Shine
11-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Did you extract with hot water? If so, you may need to find an ozone machine and let it run for a couple hours with the windows up. Then turn on the heat and the ac and let it run that way for a bit.
I had a client who did the same thing ,only difference is the milk spoiled after it spilled. Actually turned to cheese. PEW! I used Folex, Meg's Quick Out. Vacumed 3 times. Heat extracted ,then use industrial strength odor killer 2 times. revacumed. Let dry. Almost changed the color of the carpet! Hard to remove. When it gets hot again she may smell it.

AeroCleanse
11-19-2008, 11:54 AM
I bought a steam cleaner which works great for situations like these.

heavenlyv6
11-19-2008, 12:07 PM
I will try that. I might have to rent an air mover for a day or so. I have not been able to purchase that yet. Where do you purchase folex? I know I could google it, but just seeing where other members of the Autogeek Community do there business. Thanks for the suggestions!

Racin10s
11-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Depot... Lowes, Walley are the usual places.

heavenlyv6
11-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks guys!

Buddy
11-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Milk and Cat pee are the worst things to get rid off...:buffing: