PDA

View Full Version : Stoners tire shine?

drastic_detail
11-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know if Stoners ts is water based or silocone based? I was going to use it to dress my engine. Wise choice?

Kris R
11-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I dont know....but I keep reading about stoners stoners stoners on here. I was using MANY different methods to clean glass and recently my sprayer busted so I had to throw a whole bottle away. I was at autozone today and picked up a spray bottle of stoners....figured Id give it a try...

This is one of those products I will NEVER be without. I cant believe how clear and shiny the glass was. Better than i have ever seen before! AND I did half of the glass in the sun. I was truely amazed. The owner was too.

Now when it comes to tires stuff, I can wipe it on and an hour later tires look dull again....(Meguiars)

Im going to try the stoners tire shine and see if they are a one trick pony or not....

Meghan
11-18-2008, 03:36 PM
This is right from their site... The other brands don't last because they're made with water and surfactants (soaps) that evaporate and wash off easily with water. More Shine contains no surfactants or water so it lasts longer. It REPELS water and waterborne dirt and won't "brown" tires. More Shine is clear and non-greasy, but it is not a paint. One application of More Shine lasts weeks on your tires.

So to answer your question, no its not water based.

drastic_detail
11-18-2008, 03:46 PM
This is right from their site... The other brands don't last because they're made with water and surfactants (soaps) that evaporate and wash off easily with water. More Shine contains no surfactants or water so it lasts longer. It REPELS water and waterborne dirt and won't "brown" tires. More Shine is clear and non-greasy, but it is not a paint. One application of More Shine lasts weeks on your tires.

So to answer your question, no its not water based.

Would it be safe to use on my engine?

mjfx
11-18-2008, 05:01 PM
I personally wouldnt. It might affect your hoses. Use vinylex or regular armor all in there