PDA

View Full Version : What kind of wax and clay to use

hayden
11-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Ok I know that I'm new and never heard of claying a car, but after reading about it I went out and tested my car and I could feel the roughness on it. So my question is ther a difference in the different clays? and I'm also trying to figure out what kind of wax to use on my car. I have a 2008 BMW Z4 space gray metalic(dark gray)

Any help or thought would be appreciated

Rich

Emile
11-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Clays come in different hardness levels. Usually, fine (soft), medium, and aggressive (hard). I usually like to go with medium or soft clays as they are easiest to work with since I hate claying my car.

As for wax, there are many factors and what matters the most to you: price, ease of application, type of wax (liquid or paste, cleaner wax or beauty wax, etc.), durability, overall look and shine, and the look you want to achieve. Waxing your vehicle regularly will make for a slick and smooth paint surface, but claying the vehicle first will help out, especially if you've never clayed before and the vehicle isn't brand new.

ScottB
11-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Auto Detailing Clay Bar, Clay Bar Lubricant, Overspray Clay, professional detailing clay, car care, car clay, remove bugs, detailing products, (http://www.autogeek.net/clbaandlu.html)

get a kit the first time with lube and clay like Mothers, Megs as considered standard or medium and best for first time use. Then consider a Pinnacle Wax Kit to really shine.

supercharged
11-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Pinnacle Ultra poly clay and Pinnacle clay lube. Best combo ever! Pinnacle clay lube is far the best lube I've ever used, better then Mothers Showtime, Megs (QD, Final Inspection, and Last Touch). It's much slicker, and smells awesome too!!!