PDA

View Full Version : Washing: Mitts and Method

Kris R
11-16-2008, 04:28 PM
I currently use a few 5 gallon buckets and this:
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_2028_60457925

I am really interested in using a foam gun. From the pic it looks nice with all that thick foam, which is what i hate about my current set up...not enough foam!

Has anyone used it with the DP foam solution? And reviews?

Also I dont like the above mitt because I feel it holds too much dirt and water and not much else. Im leaning towards a sheepskin or Schmitt.

Any experiences with those?

thanks

Kris:righton::buffing::righton::buffing:

Jimmie
11-16-2008, 08:11 PM
I've always used a ShMitt, but occassionally will use the mitt you pictured just for a temporary change. I always go back to the ShMitt which I feel holds plenty of lube and releases dirt easily.
Many have said that they dedicate those you pictured to their ONR washes.

robb01
11-16-2008, 08:30 PM
I always use sheepskin, or fluffy MF towels for ONR washes

rwisejr
11-16-2008, 08:37 PM
:whs:
I always use sheepskin, or fluffy MF towels for ONR washes

jrose0070
11-16-2008, 08:40 PM
i have used the foam fun with dp extreme foam and it is unbelievable it creates almost a snow like foam just on setting 4 you can also dilute it down alot. As for the mitts i either use a shmitt or a grout sponge from lowes

YankeeFan
11-16-2008, 10:50 PM
I use the same mitt as the blue ones you have pictured. I like them as I cut out the inside liner, that allows me to quickly rotate the mitt so I can clean more of the car before rinsing.

Regarding the foam gun I'm not convinced it does much. I know people are into the suds but my main goal of buying it was to remove or loosen dirt. Not sure how effective it is as my rinse bucket can still get quite dirty, maybe some drodirt ps off or is loosened. Next Spring I want to try to wash the car with the foam gun as I hope is the constant flow of soapy water reduces the chance of swirls even more.

Howard

killrflake
11-16-2008, 11:21 PM
I use two sheepskin mitts for the car body, one for the upper half and one for the lower, and one of the pictured mitts for the wheels. Works pretty well for me.

supercharged
11-16-2008, 11:55 PM
DP Xtreme Foam Formula will be your best shampoo for the foam gun! The process I like the most is presoak your car with a foam gun first (do not rinse it, just proesoak it with a foam gun), and let it dwell for 5 mins or so. Then rinse it off really well, and then wash. This will remove a lot of dirt before you even start washing. Now if you will rinse before you presoak, foam won't cling well to the paint, and it won't presoak as well, meaning less dirt will be removed.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

YankeeFan
11-17-2008, 07:24 PM
DP Xtreme Foam Formula will be your best shampoo for the foam gun! The process I like the most is presoak your car with a foam gun first (do not rinse it, just proesoak it with a foam gun), and let it dwell for 5 mins or so. Then rinse it off really well, and then wash. This will remove a lot of dirt before you even start washing. Now if you will rinse before you presoak, foam won't cling well to the paint, and it won't presoak as well, meaning less dirt will be removed.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Two interesting comments. First, not to rinse the car first. Which goes against the popular video I see on Paintcare and Detainling site......I will try that next Spring. Also, to let the soap dwell for 5 minutes......whew.....that sounds like a long time especially in the summer. Right now I'm doing a minute to a minute and a half.

Howard

supercharged
11-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Two interesting comments. First, not to rinse the car first. Which goes against the popular video I see on Paintcare and Detainling site......I will try that next Spring. Also, to let the soap dwell for 5 minutes......whew.....that sounds like a long time especially in the summer. Right now I'm doing a minute to a minute and a half.

Howard
Correct. I seen that being done on DetailingWorld and decided to try it. I love it so far! Makes washing even easier. And speaking of summer, I have the same problem. Just wash in the shade, or early morning, or later in the evening.