PDA

View Full Version : Preparing the the Kit!!

AudiTTman
11-16-2008, 12:22 PM
hey guys, I get my kit in 2 days and im so excited. Here is what i decided to invest in(if you cant see it well, i picked the Men'z SIP/Intense Nano polish kit(ive got an audi so i needed to step it up on the cc lol)........
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/hocschneil/autogeek_2027_26116424.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/hocschneil/yhst-34154371804963_2023_52836607.jpg

Now ive watched tons of videos, read unbelievable amounts of "how to's" but i know you guys will have some tips for me when i first start. Ill be going at it hardcore tuesday night-wednesday morning and if all goes well ill take some sexy pics.
If you all have any tips( like how long i should polish for at a particular speed, pads to use) and so on, id love to hear it, take care
Tyler

robb01
11-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Cant wait for pics, you'll love the kit :)

Emile
11-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Dude I just got mine on Friday and it is mad exciting when it comes in the mail.

It will take a really long time to do the entire car. Each 2x2 section takes a good four or five minutes of buffing before the polish is finally broken down. When I was doing my hood with Poorboy's SSR2.5 and orange pad, I felt like I had to beat the polish to an absolute pulp before it was ready to be wiped off.

Better get ready to burn the midnight oil or however the saying goes.

rwisejr
11-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah but the endresults are worth the time invested when done correctly

Rsurfer
11-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Are those 6.5" pads? 5.5" pads or even 4" pads will work much better with a pc/udm. Remember least aggressive pad and polish first. Use speed 6 for polishing. Like Emile said, 2X2 section and move the pc slowly.

AudiTTman
11-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Are those 6.5" pads? 5.5" pads or even 4" pads will work much better with a pc/udm. Remember least aggressive pad and polish first. Use speed 6 for polishing. Like Emile said, 2X2 section and move the pc slowly.

I got the 5.5inch kit

AudiTTman
11-16-2008, 03:50 PM
hey, i was looking at the instructions on the kit, and it says for me to start off with the SIP with a wool pad(im guessing orange would be alright too?). Now just by reading that, it sounds like id be starting off with the most aggressive. Is that right hahah??
Menzerna kit, 5.5 lake country pads, porter cable menzerna kit, ceramic clear polishing kit, Mercedes polishing kit (http://www.autogeek.net/pc7424-menzerna-ceramic-kit.html)
Reason i say that is because i see here you guys said that i should start with the LEAST aggressive pad and polish. hahah just a bit confused hahah

Rsurfer
11-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Put the 6.5” Foamed Wool Pad onto your Porter Cable 7424 Polisher. Apply an X of Menzerna Super Intensive Polish across the pad. With the polisher turned off, spread the polish on a 2 x 2 sq. ft. section of paint. (For less severe imperfections, you can use the Orange Light Cutting Pad for this step.)
It all depends on how severe the correction, again least aggressive first. I would pick a section and start with SIP and a white pad, if that doesn't do it, then move up to an orange pad.

txscbr600
11-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Nice i am waiting on just about the same kit but pieced it together and got a different selction of 6.5 and 4 inch pads... And picked up some PB stuff along the way.. sadly ups doesnt show it to arrive till thurs day. Isnt it fun to rip the boxes open and throw all that popcorn everywhere. Even though you know what u ordered there is still the christmas like excitement in it all.

Streetlife
11-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I agree, the excitement never ends.Im the MAN

AudiTTman
11-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey you all, i got the kit today and i started on my hood. I washed, clayed and prep'd the surface like usual. One question though, when im done with the polished and im puttin on my wax/sealant, i use around the 2-3 speed and i make a few passes on it. Should i just make like 2 quick passes with a wax then let it set, or should i work it alil??

Rsurfer
11-18-2008, 09:58 PM
2 quick passes should be ok. No need to work in a wax.

torchredcobra
12-04-2008, 11:06 AM
We need pics!!!...I'm about to order the same kit. I want to see the results and info.