PDA

View Full Version : Why am I getting haze and track marks?

Emile
11-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Pimps,

I cleaned the hood of the G35 and then taped down the headlights and taped the hood in half.

Then setup PC7424 with orange light cutting pad and Poorboy's SSR2.5.

Followed the exact same steps as all the videos I've watched on YouTube and on my Wolfgang DVD. When I thought the polish was starting to dust and formed a haze, I shut off the machine and buffed the residue off with a MF towel.

Why is there haze and track marks created by the PC? Will this go away when I do Klasse AIO with a white light cutting pad? Maybe I didn't work polish long enough, or did I work it for too long?

Thanks,
Emile

Rsurfer
11-14-2008, 07:09 PM
How long did you work a 2'X2' section and at what speed? Might want to step down to a white pad and even a less aggressive polish. (SSR1.5) It sounds like you didn't work the polish long enough..

rousher99
11-14-2008, 07:10 PM
usualy it means that the product hasnt been completely broke down, but i have no experience with the products you use. i would try the aio and see what it looks like. i sometimes get haze from meguiars #9 i just follow up with a pure polish like #2. and i get haze free results

kory

Rsurfer
11-14-2008, 07:12 PM
BTW what color is your G?

Bunky
11-14-2008, 07:25 PM
When I see haze, it is too much product on the pad. Too much product prevents the normal expected breakdown.

Emile
11-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the post.

-Klasse AIO w/White Pad cleaned up most of the haze.

-I think too much product was on the orange pads, I always use too much and I guess it eventually accumulated too much product.

-Gonna use a new orange pad, I think.

-SSR 2.5 directions say to follow up with SSR1 afterwards and then apply Pro Polish. Autogeek's description of SSR2.5 says it is a one-step product but this does not seem to be the case.

The car is Black Obsidian. I took a few before pics, and I am going to do the entire hood now, maybe I will squeeze in some 50/50 shots if you're lucky but don't count on it. I will definitely have some full before and after shots for you guys, though.

Thanks a bunch,
Emile

Rsurfer
11-14-2008, 08:03 PM
I would still start with a white pad. Least aggressive first. Good Luck

Emile
11-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Okay, I got the hang of it. I used more pressure, backed off the speed to a strict 5, used less product, changed out the pad when one half of the hood was done, and while doing the buffing in each 2x2 section, I just kept going and going and going until the polish had been beaten to a pulp.

I will post the results in the Show 'N Shine section of the forum.