PDA

View Full Version : Favorite polish for soft clearcoats????

msquared100
11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
What's your favorite polish for soft clearcoats?? I need to restock on polish and I thought I'd go with one polish for hard clearcoats and one for soft. Most of my work is on newer cars for repeat customers so I don't need a lot of correction. Just something to clean the paint and remove the occasional light swirl.

Thanks.

AUdakota
11-13-2008, 11:37 AM
I really like XMT1-2 for light polishing.

TOGWT
11-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Menzerna PO 85 RD 3.01 Super Intensive Polish for black or dark coloured paint surfaces, and 'soft' paint

Rsurfer
11-13-2008, 02:55 PM
What's your favorite polish for soft clearcoats?? I need to restock on polish and I thought I'd go with one polish for hard clearcoats and one for soft. Most of my work is on newer cars for repeat customers so I don't need a lot of correction. Just something to clean the paint and remove the occasional light swirl.

Thanks.
Menzerna PO87MC, better known as Final Polish II, has the least cut of the Menz line of polishes. Works on hard and soft clears. Use a white pad and finish off with a grey/blue pad.:buffing:

ScottB
11-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Optimum, XMT, and Poorboys work well on soft coats. Menzerna works well on anything!

mixxer
11-13-2008, 08:03 PM
3m ultra fina ,
Menzerna Final Polish PO85U, 1z final finish.

Showroom Shine
11-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Menzerna,is my go to polish. I just recently used DetailKings Buff & Bling. This is also a good Product.

SATracker
11-14-2008, 12:30 AM
So for us new kinda guys... "soft paint", "soft coats" would be ...????? And I would know this by ...????

supercharged
11-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Menzerna and Wolfgang 3.0 polishes.

TOGWT
11-14-2008, 04:32 AM
So for us new kinda guys... "soft paint", "soft coats" would be ...????? And I would know this by ...????

Using the least aggressive pad / polish combination followed, if necessary by an incrementally more aggressive approach until you find what works.

Hard paint - does not mar as easily, but it's more difficult to polish surface defects.

Soft paint- is very easy to polish out surface defects, but easier to induce surface marring.

For more information see the “Hard and Soft Paint” article; one of a collection of detailing articles I’ve written for #############; a series of informative, knowledge based, unbiased articles dedicated to automotive detailing