PDA

View Full Version : Hi all...excited to learn from your experience!

chamby
11-13-2008, 12:01 AM
I own a 2003 Silver Mercedes that has been driven only for pleasure and is still scratch-free. I see that Menzurna polish has been recommended by some of you as the best to use (I have a Porter Cable orbital buffer, but no pads yet. Need to choose and buy them, too).

My question is that Menzurna says Mercedes started using a hard ceramic clear coat at the end of 2003. Does that mean my 2003 is not hard ceramic coated? If it isn't, should I still use Menzurna polish, or is it too abrasive for the earlier Mercedes clear coat? I don't need to remove swirls or scratches, I just want put a high-shine on the clear coat and then seal it with a long-lasting protectant.

Thanks in advance.

Rsurfer
11-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Menzerna can be used for both cc. If you have mild to no swirls to remove, but want that high gloss, get 85rd. It's a very mild polish, but will finish down for that extra pop. The 5.5" white and gray pad will aid you in achieving that ultimate shine.

chamby
11-14-2008, 11:45 PM
RSURFER,

Thanks for the polish and pad recommendations! Since my paint color is silver and not a dark color (which would really look great with a high-end wax), I plan on using a sealant for longer protection instead of wax. What sealant would you recommend?