PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Kits Question

AudiTTman
11-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Wats goin on guys, real quick ?

First off, i have a Raven Black Pearl Audi TT(2001) and i wanted to get a more serious shine. Clay bar and waxing is alright, but i wanted that perfect, no-swirls, no micro-marring image. So Im lookin at the Pinnacle XMT intermediate kit for my car. Comes with the Porter 7424. Problem is, Should i stick with the intermediate, or go to the light? I want to see results and ill do watever it takes to achieve them(perfectionist here lol). I would just hate to get the light kit, then not really see much of a difference. Just throwing it out there, if you got any advice, id love to hear it, preciate it

Rsurfer
11-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Get Menzerna 106ff/106fa and 85RD. Your Audi cc is hard and you may have to step up to SIP and finish down with 106.

ScottB
11-12-2008, 07:46 PM
PC --- Menzerna SIP/Nano polishes --- Pinnacle Sizzling Shine Kit = perfection !

AudiTTman
11-12-2008, 10:41 PM
So is it still possibly to get a great look to the paint with the Pinnacle though?? im guessing it just might take a little bit more time to work than say the Menzerna. If you guys could find me a good Menerna kit on the internet, id probably buy it. I just want to get that look of perfection haha, its a disease lol. Also im kinda new to all this so take ur time with me. Ive got to get the whole lingo deal down hahaha

Showroom Shine
11-12-2008, 11:45 PM
PC --- Menzerna SIP/Nano polishes --- Pinnacle Sizzling Shine Kit = perfection !
Killer is right. I have both ,the Sizzling Shine Kit and Menzerna. Great Wet Shine on the truck. :whs:

94LT1
11-12-2008, 11:55 PM
So is it still possibly to get a great look to the paint with the Pinnacle though?? im guessing it just might take a little bit more time to work than say the Menzerna. If you guys could find me a good Menerna kit on the internet, id probably buy it. I just want to get that look of perfection haha, its a disease lol. Also im kinda new to all this so take ur time with me. Ive got to get the whole lingo deal down hahaha
Nothing against pinnacle but there polishes are very weak.didnt do much for me.how ever there waxes are the opposite.they shine like no other.For polishes stick to menzerna like everyone is saying.your audi has a very hard clear coat and menzerna will help get swirls and light scratches out.So look into Menz super intense polish and menz super finish(nano) polish.

Blade
11-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Have not tried the XMT kits, but I have the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover and Advanced Finishing Polish. They remove all the swirls on my Audi with a PC 7424. Really satisfied on that aspect of it. What I'm not happy about is the amount of dusting. And it's been suggested (I think by killrwheels/Scott) that Menzerna doesn't dust. So I'm going to switch soon.

Is this the Menzerna twins everyone is talking about?
Menzerna Ceramic Intro Kit, Menzerna polishes, nano polish, ceramic paint, ceramic polish, car polish, how to polish ceramic paint (http://www.autogeek.net/ceramic-polish-kit.html)

AudiTTman
11-13-2008, 02:32 PM
hey guys, just gone done buying a kit with the Porter 7424, SIP, Nano Polish, and all the correct pads. Heck even got free shipping with that little code i got in the mail, very nice and im really excited. I also went with the 5.5 inch pads instead of the 6.5inch. Now i just need to buy a sealent/wax. What do you guys think about the Wolfgang sealent?? thats the one i was thinkin bout since i didnt wanna spend another 90$ on souverian, even though its magical. (im a college student with no money, so you can see my comittment from just buying the kit hahah)

ScottB
11-13-2008, 05:11 PM
you will see some light dusting with Menzerna , but nothing like Megs DACP and others we have used in past. It seems to be nature of the polish to a certain degree.

robsc5vette
12-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Hi ThereBlade:
I just received the pinnacle advanced swirl remover & a/ finishing polish.I want to use them to remove lite swirls on my 01 corvette.These swirls are not into the c/coat & can only be seen in the sunlight. What pads did you use with the swirl remover? What pad did you use with the a/polish? I beleive you use the swirl first & then the polish second & then your choice of wax as the sealant.Is this correct? What speeds were you using?New p/c7424 starter kit received last week.Did a really nice job on my 05 ranger xlt
Thanks for any assitance provided.
robsc5vette

Showroom Shine
12-18-2008, 05:22 PM

I agree with Killr, I have both. The Pinnacle Sizzlling Shine Kit, Menzerna and Souveran! Oh Yeah!

AudiTTman
12-18-2008, 07:23 PM
hey i appreciate all your guys input. This is actually my first thread ever on here(which is actually like 2 months old). I never actually bought the Pinnacle Kit, but instead went for the Menzerna SIP/Nano kit. One word......amazing. Ive expanded my products and now have that kit, Menz's Top Inspection, 4-Star Sealent, and the best smelling carnauba ever...Pinnacle Sig Series II ahhahah