PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cleaning w/spray cannister

SATracker
11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
When the keyboard of my computer gets dirt in between the keys I have a can of "cleaning duster" from Office Depot that blows the stuff out. Has anybody tried this when cleaning those hard to "get to" places while detailing?

Jimmie
11-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Occassionally I'll use canned air to blow out water puddling on an engine detail.

Pyrocite
11-12-2008, 02:18 PM
I use a brush on a keyboard (with computer off) sometimes a light spray of APC.

Emile
11-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Canned air will work for getting dust out of hard to reach places. I recently purchased a couple of pairs of Cobra microfiber gloves and as long as I can touch the area with my fingers, I can use those to sweep up dust. I even spray some Einszett Cockpit Premium on my hand (while wearing the glove) and then reach in and swipe the area with my fingers.

Showroom Shine
11-13-2008, 08:37 AM
I bought a nice piece of equipment called a Tornador. It can blow air and solution. It works great on door jams. The little accordion black plastic hose that runs to the door accessories. I found this a hard area to clean,and always needs water or some type of cleaner. Then the area needs to be dried. The lever on the Tornador can be switched so only air blows to dry the door jam. It also works great on the new navigation screens and newer dashes with all the little buttons and gadjits.

rwisejr
11-13-2008, 09:18 AM
I bought a nice piece of equipment called a Tornador. It can blow air and solution. It works great on door jams. The little accordion black plastic hose that runs to the door accessories. I found this a hard area to clean,and always needs water or some type of cleaner. Then the area needs to be dried. The lever on the Tornador can be switched so only air blows to dry the door jam. It also works great on the new navigation screens and newer dashes with all the little buttons and gadjits.

Funny you should mention that tool . I have recently had my eye on it.Looks like I will be on my Xmas list this year.

CharlesW
11-13-2008, 09:31 AM
I bought a nice piece of equipment called a Tornador. It can blow air and solution. It works great on door jams. The little accordion black plastic hose that runs to the door accessories. I found this a hard area to clean,and always needs water or some type of cleaner. Then the area needs to be dried. The lever on the Tornador can be switched so only air blows to dry the door jam. It also works great on the new navigation screens and newer dashes with all the little buttons and gadjits.Have you had the Tornador long enough and used it enough to be happy with it?
Sometime back, I did a little research on the tool and it received mixed reviews. Enough people were disappointed in it that I skipped it.
Maybe it was user error, but the general consensus seemed to be save your money.

Showroom Shine
11-13-2008, 10:09 PM
The Tornador works good for me. I needed a compressor with a little bigger tank. The tool works Great. Especially in the door jams, cup holders, and delicate areas around buttons and dash controls. I don't wet the dashboard control area alot.Or gear shift areas. These places are not good for any liquids or cleaning solvents. Better off just blowing off the dust,and lightly spray the enzyme cleaner that comes with the Tornador. Then air dry the area. It saves me time in the tight spots too.I had it exactly 3 weeks and I never leave for a job without it! Man, I have wasted more money on products that were just Hype. This piece of equipment is an addiction to my tools.

CharlesW
11-13-2008, 10:43 PM
The Tornador works good for me. I needed a compressor with a little bigger tank. The tool works Great. Especially in the door jams, cup holders, and delicate areas around buttons and dash controls. I don't wet the dashboard control area alot.Or gear shift areas. These places are not good for any liquids or cleaning solvents. Better off just blowing off the dust,and lightly spray the enzyme cleaner that comes with the Tornador. Then air dry the area. It saves me time in the tight spots too.I had it exactly 3 weeks and I never leave for a job without it! Man, I have wasted more money on products that were just Hype. This piece of equipment is an addiction to my tools.What did you end up needing for the air compressor and tank?
I presently have a 2 HP, 8 gallon tank unit that does everything I need right now. Would it be big enough to handle the Tornador?

jrose0070
11-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I agree with everything you have said aobut the tornador i have had the tool for abour 6 months and i usually use it on every detail it also does a descent job on carpet spots and seats

Showroom Shine
11-14-2008, 06:29 AM
The compressor I had was a small one with a 1.5 gallon tank. This size tank was just to small. It would run down and have to build back up. Took longer than I liked. So I bought another one. You have plenty for the Tornador! Don't worry,you'll be fine.

What did you end up needing for the air compressor and tank?
I presently have a 2 HP, 8 gallon tank unit that does everything I need right now. Would it be big enough to handle the Tornador?

rwisejr
11-14-2008, 04:08 PM
The Tornador works good for me. I needed a compressor with a little bigger tank. The tool works Great. Especially in the door jams, cup holders, and delicate areas around buttons and dash controls. I don't wet the dashboard control area alot.Or gear shift areas. These places are not good for any liquids or cleaning solvents. Better off just blowing off the dust,and lightly spray the enzyme cleaner that comes with the Tornador. Then air dry the area. It saves me time in the tight spots too.I had it exactly 3 weeks and I never leave for a job without it! Man, I have wasted more money on products that were just Hype. This piece of equipment is an addiction to my tools.

Glad to hear it works great. Thats what I was hoping to hear. I have 36Gallon and 50+ Gallon compressor at my 2 houses so those should be more than enough to power the tool