PDA

View Full Version : Help w/Polish, Sealant, & Wax

Driven Auto Detail
03-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey all, great forum!

I stumbled upon AutoGeek.net last summer and have been really impressed with everything from product selection, to product information, and even how products are shipped.

Anyway, I have an '05 Mazda3 Hatchback. The color is Carbon Mica Gray; basically a charcoal color. I've ordered the following for my polish, sealant, & wax duties:

1) Wolfgang PreWax Polish Enhancer
2) Klasse Sealant
3) PB Natty's Wax - Blue

I used the Wolfgang & Klasse stuff last fall and it still seems to bead now about 6 months later. I only applied one coat of each.

What my question is, how many layers of each should I apply for the best shine and depth? As soon as we get a nice weekend here in Indy, I plan on washing, claying, polishing, sealing, and waxing the Mazda. I will be doing all this with my own elbow grease; no machines involved.

Also, if you have suggestions on what to get the next time I make a purchase to replace one of these three items, what would it be.

Any feedback and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
03-23-2006, 03:56 PM
I would go with 2-3 layers of the Klasse SG. You might want to give DP Max Wax a try...it will bring out the metallics better than the Natty's Blue.

Driven Auto Detail
03-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the info Matt. I'll be sure to order Max Wax the next time around.

One more question though. How many layers of each should I apply?

Thanks!

Matt
03-24-2006, 01:09 PM
I'd do 1-2 SG layers...

Then 1-2 layers of Max Wax over it depending on how much extra depth/shine you want. Should be a very long lasting and great looking combo. :)

Driven Auto Detail
03-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Awesome, thanks Matt!

NissanOwner
03-24-2006, 01:37 PM
How long do you have to wait to apply the next layers?
Can you apply the layers on top of each other immediately or do you have to let it cure for 8-12hours before applying the next layer.

Matt
03-24-2006, 01:45 PM
24 hours is the standard cure time. A product like Wolfgang sealant is good to go usually after 12 hours.

NissanOwner
03-24-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm guessing you have to wash car again before another coat. What product is recommended?

Driven Auto Detail
03-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Poorboy's Slick & Suds and Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo are good ones.

I already have a bottle of DP Auto Bath Shampoo and it's treating me good so far.

JeffW
03-24-2006, 07:05 PM
I would go with 2-3 layers of the Klasse SG. You might want to give DP Max Wax a try...it will bring out the metallics better than the Natty's Blue.

I concur with Matt about trying Max Wax... not only will it pop the flakes better, it'll give the car a much wetter look.

ScottB
03-24-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm guessing you have to wash car again before another coat. What product is recommended?

you dont necessarily need to wash again. If the car is stored in a garage you could move onto the next layer. If outside, then a wash is great. Poorboys Suds for any finish and Pinnacles Wash for and between carnuba layers. :D