PDA

View Full Version : Is glass the same as paint?

SATracker
11-12-2008, 12:11 AM
As I understand it ... when you wash your car, you rinse it first; then use foam gun or soapy water..to lift the dirt and avoid scratching/ hurting the "paint". When cleaning windows, should the glass be rinsed & thoroughly washed or can you just "spray and wipe"?

builthatch
11-12-2008, 12:57 AM
As I understand it ... when you wash your car, you rinse it first; then use foam gun or soapy water..to lift the dirt and avoid scratching/ hurting the "paint". When cleaning windows, should the glass be rinsed & thoroughly washed or can you just "spray and wipe"?

when washing the car, the windows can be washed in the same manner as the rest of the car, however, if you are talking about light cleaning the glass in-between washes, you are correct- simply spray your favorite cleaner and wipe with a lint-free MF towel. the towels i use for my glass are the ones i don't use on my paint- they are from Advance Auto. they do just fine, have never once linted, and are very cheap. if you are looking for a more precise way to apply cleaner, you can also fold the towel to 1/4 size, spray one side well with your cleaner, and wipe the window well so cleaner is spread about. you can then follow up immediately with a dry side of the folded towel to assure all of the cleaner is wiped away.