PDA

View Full Version : Please help -> Explain differences between these high end products.

alowe
11-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Friend is looking for an "upper echelon" wax for his new BMW. Between these can one explain the difference?

Wolfgang Fuzion
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
Dodo Supernatural
Swissvax
Zymol

Any others? Color is a metallic rust.

charliehaley
11-10-2008, 03:57 PM
I can only speak for souveran and fuzion. Fuzion is a carnauba wax which also has some man made polymers that leaves a wet and very bright look while souveran is also a carnauba wax but offers an extremely wet and deep look. For metallic paints i would look into pinnacle signature series II. It really makes the flake pop out and leaves a great wet look.

Jimmie
11-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm going to apologize in advance for throwing you a curveball. I feel this is off your question of which of "these". Every time I see a medium dark metallic, rust, copper, some blues, I get the most out of DP Max Wax.

Rsurfer
11-10-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm going to apologize in advance for throwing you a curveball. I feel this is off your question of which of "these". Every time I see a medium dark metallic, rust, copper, some blues, I get the most out of DP Max Wax.
:iagree::whs:Max wax and Sig II are very close in appearance.

ScottB
11-10-2008, 06:28 PM
As waxes get higher in cost usually it offers hand pots and the best ingredients. Unfortunately at this end of the wax spectrum normally only the smallest of nuiances is noticed. Since most/all offerings above are pure carnauba waxes you need to properly prep the surface first to get the best from them.

I would suggest Fuzion (very wet), Souveran (depth, glow) for ease of use and great looks. I am awaiting to use the newer version of SN but hear nice things. I have tried multiple Zymol Estate Waxes and found very little difference other than pricing. Swissol has a nice following on other boards ....

Remember those sold at Autogeek offer forum discount or free shipping and sometimes an included special. Hopefully that sways you to start here and likely find no need to move on.

supercharged
11-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Fuzion will look awesome!:righton:

alowe
11-11-2008, 08:05 AM
As waxes get higher in cost usually it offers hand pots and the best ingredients. Unfortunately at this end of the wax spectrum normally only the smallest of nuiances is noticed. Since most/all offerings above are pure carnauba waxes you need to properly prep the surface first to get the best from them.

I would suggest Fuzion (very wet), Souveran (depth, glow) for ease of use and great looks. I am awaiting to use the newer version of SN but hear nice things. I have tried multiple Zymol Estate Waxes and found very little difference other than pricing. Swissol has a nice following on other boards ....

Remember those sold at Autogeek offer forum discount or free shipping and sometimes an included special. Hopefully that sways you to start here and likely find no need to move on.

Thanks all. I have seen the SIG II on a Sebring (metallic red), Ford Explorer (metallic blue) and a VW GTI (metallic grey), great looking wax. Just wondering if there was any real noticeable difference with these higher priced waxes over $100.

ScottB
11-11-2008, 09:11 AM
there are some small differences, but nothing wrong with using SSII and DP Max Wax which are two of my favs also. I do clearly favor Souveran Paste on anything as its wetness, depth, and glow are quite noticable. There is no right or wrong answer in choice ...

I think the new sampler packs in Dodo Juice Waxes is another great way to test several varieties at a lower expense.

alowe
11-12-2008, 11:51 AM
there are some small differences, but nothing wrong with using SSII and DP Max Wax which are two of my favs also. I do clearly favor Souveran Paste on anything as its wetness, depth, and glow are quite noticable. There is no right or wrong answer in choice ...

I think the new sampler packs in Dodo Juice Waxes is another great way to test several varieties at a lower expense.

That 8 way sampler looks good, may have to try in the spring. Unless you bring back the 20% sale. :D:D:D

Emile
11-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I like Fuzion because the application is easy and it's a combination of the best tradition and the best technology so you get a great wet look with really good durability.

Initial investment is high at $175 but one free refill makes it similar in price to Souveran.

ScottB
11-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I too am hoping for a Thanksgiving Sale or Black Friday .... soon oh so soon !