PDA

View Full Version : Eco Touch Waterless Wash help

Emile
11-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi,

I purchased two bottles of the Eco Touch Waterless Wash & Polish because it was on BOGO a bit ago (which Autogeek sent me a total of four bottles), and a gallon of the stuff is cheap at only $30.

But I am having a hard time using it, mainly the polish at the end. I spray some and then rub the area with a microfiber towel and then flip the towel and buff dry. Then the haze forms as it is supposed to - which is the polish drying up - and then I try to buff the haze off but it is really difficult and streaky. It is terrible on my black G35 and I end up having to follow up the area that I cleaned with Meg's Quick Detailer. I keep trying it with different MF towels and still get the same result.

Anybody have any tips? I watched the video on Autogeek and still no help.

Thanks,
Emile

Showroom Shine
11-10-2008, 08:10 AM
I have never used that brand of Waterless Wash. But ny experience with those ,is to wipe them while they are wet. Do not allow the product to dry,or haze. Let me know how that works. I'm familiar with Dri Wash n Guard waterless wash. You can pm with with any more questions. I'll be glad to help!

Emile
11-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah man, I've tried all sorts of things. Keep buffing to prevent the haze, wait for the haze and then buff, try different towels, and more. Even tried on different surfaces; paint, glass, chrome, etc. The haze just forms no matter what and it only gets cleaned up by a quick detailer.

I just wanted to tell people that if you've been considering this product because it has been on BOGO for so long, STAY AWAY. It is the biggest piece of garbage I have ever used and it causes swirls and streaking everywhere.

CharlesW
11-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Never used the product, but....
1. You could be sure you have shaken it enough to have all the ingredients mixed.
2. Try a different bottle of the product.
3. Try the product in a small area on a different vehicle. (Maybe even your neighbors in case it still doesn't work correctly) Maybe the Eco Touch isn't compatible with what is now on your vehicle.
4. If all that fails, call AG.
Good luck.

Emile
11-12-2008, 11:55 PM
I always shake before I used it.
I got four bottles of them and tried three different bottles.
I tried it on both my vehicles already with the same results.

CharlesW
11-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Never used the product, but....
1. You could be sure you have shaken it enough to have all the ingredients mixed.
2. Try a different bottle of the product.
3. Try the product in a small area on a different vehicle. (Maybe even your neighbors in case it still doesn't work correctly) Maybe the Eco Touch isn't compatible with what is now on your vehicle.
4. If all that fails, call AG.
Good luck.
I always shake before I used it.
I got four bottles of them and tried three different bottles.
I tried it on both my vehicles already with the same results.That's three out of four. :)