PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 501, quick question about application.

Lasthope05
11-09-2008, 03:48 PM
I've been searching though several threads and have not come across this answer yet. I see that some people are applying dg 501 by machine and are getting a much better result with its cleaning abilities. Im wondering what machine you guys are using? It was never specified in any of the threads. I have a dewalt 849 and im wondering if that is fine using it at a low speed or will I need to use a PC.

HighEndDetail
11-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I think most people use a PC or other DA machine..

I have used a PC and A Flex 3401 with DG 501

Al-53
11-09-2008, 05:17 PM
PC or Flex at low speed works best..if your speed is to high it will flash off to fast and not do the job...on a PC I use speed 2-3 tops and Flex 2....

you want it to stay liquid for a bit to really clean..if you use a high speed it flashes and you lose the cleaning ability...

Al

robb01
11-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I usually use it w/ a PC at speeds less than 3

Lasthope05
11-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks alot guys. I usually use it by hand and I dont feel it really cleans as great as it should. I guess I'll just have to borrow my buddies PC sometimes. I never really thought I'd need one since I learned on the rotary. I always felt it was a step backwards.

Al-53
11-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks alot guys. I usually use it by hand and I dont feel it really cleans as great as it should. I guess I'll just have to borrow my buddies PC sometimes. I never really thought I'd need one since I learned on the rotary. I always felt it was a step backwards.

the only way i have had good results by hand was using a terry applicator since it has more bite..
foam ones or MF ones will not bite like a terry one...but you do use a few per car...as they turn black fast from grime...same with using a PC..I use maybe 3-4 pads a car since they get real black

AL

Al

drastic_detail
11-09-2008, 08:31 PM
the only way i have had good results by hand was using a terry applicator since it has more bite..
foam ones or MF ones will not bite like a terry one...but you do use a few per car...as they turn black fast from grime...same with using a PC..I use maybe 3-4 pads a car since they get real black

AL

Al
Maybe im a little lost,,I applyed 501 this weekend with a foam app let it haze than buffed off (lots of dust) was this wrong? I didnt notice any blacking of either my app or my MF. did i do something wrong?