PDA

View Full Version : Hi Temp

radome
11-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Just wondered if anyone has ever heard of or used a product line called Hi Temp. Hope I am not breaking forum rules by asking this question.

Thanks

Smokin
11-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Some of there stuff is real good. At least what I have tried.:welcome:

robb01
11-09-2008, 05:52 PM
they have some great products, ive use the low cut polish they have and its one of my faves

Junebug
11-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I've tried Hi-Temp, bought a quart of about everything they sell in the compound-polish-AIO range. I found them to be ok, not the best, and their descriptions of strength were IMHO a bit optimistic. I ended up selling-trading before I finished them.

Brian_Brice
11-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Most of their polishes are water based and a bit tricky to use.

357 (their heavy cut leveler) is a great product and compared to others of it's genre has very different workability and cut range. It can finish out beautifully depending on the pad. It has the ability to remove 1500 grit sanding scratches.

420 (extreme cut leveler) Is also water based and a very good product that can be hated if used incorrectly. I agree with June on the description of strength being a little crazy, as I do not believe this product can remove 800 grit sanding scratches. However one must take into account that grit depth seems to change as the papers company does. Many people like mixing 420 with other polishes like optimum to gain working time, or glazes like RMG to help it finish down, which is also does very well. Not lsp ready but it definitely finishes like a polish instead of an aggressive compound.

Fine Finish is a decent one step product that fills in defects pretty well, perfect for the four hour detailer.

The spray wax is Ok in terms of looks, but usability is simple. It has nice slickness and is pretty cheap.

To get the most out of their polishes I would stick with a rotary.

radome
11-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Thank you very much for the info, Brian. I ran into this product line at a huge car show in Panama City Beach, FL. I bought a quart of HT 28 Final Seal because the vendor said it is good for any surface on the car including plastic, vinyl, rubber and paint. I am looking for something a bit simpler than Zaino, which works great for me other than being a little time consuming. My car is Silver & Black (95 Z28) and I am hoping to find something a little easier to use. I do have an orbital buffer and have used it a lot.

I hope you don't mind me taking advantage of your knowledge and experience and I thank you very much for the previous info.

See ya,

Radome

mixxer
11-10-2008, 06:28 PM
HT-69 is a nice aio