PDA

View Full Version : Any C6 owners out there????

Pages : [1] 2

RPM06
08-11-2006, 02:58 PM
This question probably belongs on the corvette forum but I'd thought I'd try here first.

The butt-end of the car seems to get extra dirty really quick. I just put another coat of Souveran on my car last night, drove it to work, and sure enough the back end was dirty as can be. Any hints or tricks on how you all keep yours clean?

Last night's detail process:
Wash
Crystal Mist (because I have one coat of Souveran already)
WG Glaze
Souveran
Crystal Mist
FK 425 (First time trying. Interested in seeing how long it holds up)

Thanks all!

Surfer
08-11-2006, 03:18 PM
It's most likely from the airflow, Vipers have this issue as well, rear gets dirt/dust covering it almost immedietley. Though it pry applies to any car as even my suv can be totally squeeky clean for a couple days except for my rear tailgate and window which get covered in dust/dirt. Washes off easily, just annoying as white shows everything.

mixxer
08-11-2006, 04:03 PM
same here all the dust sits on top of the rear bumper.

ScottB
08-11-2006, 06:14 PM
never had a C5 or C6 with a clean hiney for long. Damn shame, as this is likely the only area everyone see's (my behind).

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Roof_008.jpg

joe.p
08-11-2006, 07:44 PM
never had a C5 or C6 with a clean hiney for long. Damn shame, as this is likely the only area everyone see's (my behind).

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Roof_008.jpg
i was wondering ow long before you where gonna reply to this thread :p . Looks like carnauba on there is it? You keep the Vette super clean..

abrcrombe
08-11-2006, 08:20 PM
He washes twice a week and I am pretty sure he has Souveran on it. Just gives you another excuse to spend time with your car... so I guess learn to live with it or give it to me!! :p

Rapidity
08-11-2006, 09:09 PM
my vette tail lights are the worst spot. Well and the little lip around the license plate.

dengood1
08-11-2006, 09:39 PM

Killr, you're much shorter than I expected.....how do you reach the pedals:p

Also, why does your plate say Killer Whale:D :D

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-11-2006, 09:49 PM
My black C6 does the samething. I just wash and rewax with Souveran.

wytstang
08-11-2006, 10:35 PM
same here all the dust sits on top of the rear bumper.
Same problem here the bumper gets dirty fast :(

ScottB
08-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Killr, you're much shorter than I expected.....how do you reach the pedals:p

Also, why does your plate say Killer Whale:D :D

thats my driver "chris" .... they say its all in the weight savings. Since I am quite a husky guy, he does all my racing. Just wish I could get him to remove the Souveran from the lower spots ...my backs killing me. :p :p :p

dengood1
08-12-2006, 04:37 PM
thats my driver "chris" .... they say its all in the weight savings. Since I am quite a husky guy, he does all my racing. Just wish I could get him to remove the Souveran from the lower spots ...my backs killing me. :p :p :p

Train him to get those "low" areas while he can!! Yeah, Danica ALMOST weighs as much as he does;) Isn't doing her much good though:p

GearHead_1
08-12-2006, 07:12 PM

I thought we might have to report you for using those protected by child labor laws as detailers. :D

GearHead_1
08-12-2006, 07:15 PM
never had a C5 or C6 with a clean hiney for long. Damn shame, as this is likely the only area the tow truck driver ever see's (my behind).
:awesome: I'm old and I still crack myself up.

I live such a lonely life. :o

Meghan
08-12-2006, 07:16 PM
he is so cute