PDA

View Full Version : Help! Machine wash RUINED my G35 :(

Emile
11-05-2008, 12:01 AM
I took the G35 to my local machine wash place today around noon during my lunch break from work. When I got home from class at around 8:00PM I pulled into the garage and my hood had been MURDERED.

The machine wash had left disgusting scratches and swirls all over the hood my car, and all over the rest of the vehicle. The scratches on the hood of my car are the worst and they are not hairline scratches...I can literally move my fingernails across them and FEEL the scratches, they are MAD deep. It was as if the brushes of the car wash were made out of metal or something. I have been going to this car wash place for around 8 years and I have never had a problem....it's nice to use during the cold winter months or any time I feel the need for an under-carriage wash and this has never happened.

Anyways, ### do I do???

builthatch
11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
I took the G35 to my local machine wash place today around noon during my lunch break from work. When I got home from class at around 8:00PM I pulled into the garage and my hood had been MURDERED.

The machine wash had left disgusting scratches and swirls all over the hood my car, and all over the rest of the vehicle. The scratches on the hood of my car are the worst and they are not hairline scratches...I can literally move my fingernails across them and FEEL the scratches, they are MAD deep. It was as if the brushes of the car wash were made out of metal or something. I have been going to this car wash place for around 8 years and I have never had a problem....it's nice to use during the cold winter months or any time I feel the need for an under-carriage wash and this has never happened.

Anyways, ### do I do???

possibly get your insurance to make a claim against their insurance. they carry insurance for this reason.

Rsurfer
11-05-2008, 02:10 AM
You need to contact your agent right away.

TOGWT
11-05-2008, 04:23 AM
A large proportion of all paintwork scratches are caused by automated car washes. Minute particles of hard materials, such as road dust and sand, become lodged in the rotating brushes and etch scratches into the paint surface.

For more information see the “'Touchless' Car Wash, are they safe” article on ############# website; a series of informative, knowledge based, unbiased articles dedicated to automotive detailing

robb01
11-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Give your agent a call, it will be covered