PDA

View Full Version : polishing white car question

12v
11-04-2008, 08:11 PM
tired of "blind" polishing my car. cant really see the polish on my paint when im doing it so how do i tell when it is broken down?

Jimmie
11-04-2008, 08:55 PM
The same way as on darker colors but yeah it's alot harder to see the trails. I just look from alot of different angles. I also spend more time looking through the polish to what the polished paint looks like on white.

12v
11-04-2008, 09:07 PM
guess my lighting angles are just all wrong or im just simply not using enough polish

vinnier6
11-04-2008, 11:44 PM
the key is a really controlled lighting enviorment...its going to be harder, but be patient

robb01
11-05-2008, 08:28 AM
The same way as on darker colors but yeah it's alot harder to see the trails. I just look from alot of different angles. I also spend more time looking through the polish to what the polished paint looks like on white.
This is key, you have to look at it from every possible angle you can. I had a white car and always missed a little bit of wax/sealant here and there, its so tough to see.

charliehaley
11-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Take your time and make sure you have the right lighting to see. Once you have seen it the first time and remember the technique and about the time it took to break down you can just follow this with the rest of the car.

karburn
11-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I experience the same issues. For what it's worth, I find it easier to see what's happening when I have the car in the garage as opposed to outside. It's not as easy to work my way around the car, but the flourescent lighting in the garage seems to make the process easier. When the polish I use (Meg's 83) starts to dust up, I can see it better.

Surfer
11-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Yeh white is tough, a lot blends in and you can't see unless at an extreme angle. I remember parking one day and saying ### is that spot on the truck, was like 3X3 spot of sealant I missed and never noticed for weeks until I walked by at an angle. Had to polish it off after all that time.