PDA

View Full Version : Gee Thanks

GiXx
10-29-2008, 10:28 PM
well long story short:
been waiting all year for honda to come out with a TSB on their crappy 3rd gear problems and a few months ago they finally did, so i brought my car in to have the 3rd gear set replaced. picked the car up tonight (after hours) and took it for a quick ride to make sure the tranny felt ok enough to drop the key off for the loaner car. car felt good, but im not making a final decision on the tranny for a couple months since it was always an intermittent problem.

on my way home i stopped at the gas station for coffee and as soon as i got out of my car my "bonuses" were revealed. the mechanic did a great job scratching up my fender/ looks like he failed to use a fender skirt and maybe it was his belt buckle rubbing all over my fender. needless to say im not happy one bit. calling them first thing in the morning to complain.

guess we know what ill be doing this weekend.

ill take pics tomorrow when theres light

wytstang
10-29-2008, 11:06 PM
That sucks man sorry to hear your weekend just got dumped on.

tripperfx3
10-30-2008, 01:48 AM
I'd make them pay for someone else to do it. We've seen countless dealer hack jobs here.

Racin10s
10-30-2008, 06:33 AM
I am always edgy about bringing my car over to the dealer, so I feel your pain. You will have to let me know how 3rd is working for you in a couple of months. Mine only happens occasionally when its cold.

robb01
10-30-2008, 08:22 AM
That stinks, i hate when mechanics mess up the paint, it happens way too often

GiXx
10-30-2008, 05:57 PM
I'd make them pay for someone else to do it. We've seen countless dealer hack jobs here.

ill be doing it myself, they arent bad, but it shouldnt have happened in the first place. they offered to have it looked at by their in house guy but i told them id pass and do it myself. they did offer me a free oil change but meh, the local guy has been doing my cars for years and hasnt managed to put a scratch yet so i told them id pass on that as well, lol.

I am always edgy about bringing my car over to the dealer, so I feel your pain. You will have to let me know how 3rd is working for you in a couple of months. Mine only happens occasionally when its cold.

ive put off bringing it to them for a year already because i knew without a tsb on it nothing good was going to come of it, but then i just had to get it in. i expected some oily handprints, guess i set my standards too high.

as for third gear itself, for me it would happen too often and i never trusted it to go in. my initial impression is good. 3rd feels overall better, but only time will tell. 2nd is a little whiney in the lower rpm's.

remind me in a month or 2 and ill let you know how its going. i dont put many miles on my car but its almost all city so lots of time to test it.

nrengle
10-30-2008, 09:11 PM
It's the same sychro's problem that they've had with just about all their SI or manual transmissions. Honda makes a great car, but their manual transmissions need some work. I'm at about 100K and I'm sure I've got a tranny swap coming soon. When I do it I'm going to throw a RSX-S trans in, with the 5 lug swap... Going to be like 2 grand to fix.... UGH...

GiXx
10-31-2008, 04:11 PM
It's the same sychro's problem that they've had with just about all their SI or manual transmissions. Honda makes a great car, but their manual transmissions need some work. I'm at about 100K and I'm sure I've got a tranny swap coming soon. When I do it I'm going to throw a RSX-S trans in, with the 5 lug swap... Going to be like 2 grand to fix.... UGH...

hmmmm, i thought i read somewhere along the line that the RSX had the same trans problems

Pyrocite
10-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Yea honda has problems with their transmission in most of the cars, going aftermarket is the only way with a manual.