PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove Zaino (AIO & CS)?

Emile
10-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Hey,

I'm getting frisky to tryout some other products without layering them on top of Zaino. How would I remove all the Zaino Z-AIO and Z-CS from my vehicles so I can start over without using anything abrasive? Steve at Poorboy's World told me that Poorboy's Professional Polish will clean up all the Zaino products. Can anyone confirm this for me or suggest anything that they know will clean up Z-AIO and Z-CS?

Thanks,
Emile

Bernard
10-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Any paint cleaner or polish would remove the Zaino. I usually use Megs Paint cleaner DC1 to remove my Z2 Pro. Sometime I also use M80 Speed Glaze or Menzerna 106FF too. :)

robb01
10-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Any light polish will take it off

Bert31
10-29-2008, 03:02 PM
If you don't want to use a polish, an All Purpose Cleaner will remove the Zaino also, just don't let it dry on your paint.

ScottB
10-29-2008, 05:56 PM
polishes will mechanically abrade off a paint sealant like Zaino. Paint cleansers will chemically strip them and commercial strippers like Prepsol are also available. Zaino is pretty durable and some APC and Poorboys Bug Squash dont seem to dent it so use the products above.

Emile
10-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks, fellas. I don't want to use an APC or a paint cleanser. I want to switch the Subaru over to Klasse + carnauba. Will Klasse AIO remove my coats of Zaino? Otherwise I want to pickup a bottle of Poorboy's Pro Polish, and then do Klasse AIO, and then maybe Klasse SG, and finally Fuzion or Natty's Red.

ScottB
10-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Klasse AIO will indeed remove that sealant ... you can always pickup Prepsol locally also as wanted for sealant removal.

Emile
10-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks, killr. So all I need is the Klasse duo and I'm good to go! Killr, I haven't been on this forum very long, but you are super super super helpful. Very patient with my questions as well other members on the forum. You rock. :righton:

ScottB
10-31-2008, 10:29 PM
I am here to help as possible .... you only need the Klasse Duo if you plan on using the sealant after AIO . It is a pain in the kester, but durable to the Zaino degree. Use the WOWO method (wipe on and wipe off immediately) and use a small travel size hairspray bottle for easiest application. Spritz and buff ...

Surfer
11-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Killr, I haven't been on this forum very long, but you are super super super helpful. Very patient with my questions as well other members on the forum. You rock. :righton:Thats b/c I was his mentor, taught him everything he knows.

ScottB
11-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Thats b/c I was his mentor, taught him everything he knows.

I love Surfer and Vipers ... nothing else matters. (In Zombie like tones) :righton:

Emile
11-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Thats b/c I was his mentor, taught him everything he knows.
Suuure, just take all the credit for killr's hard work. You know, people like you make me sick!!!! Absolutely sick !!!!!

Im the MAN

Emile
11-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Klasse AIO doesn't have any protection or durability by itself? It seems that Klasse says that AIO offers 6 months protection but a lot of people on autopia are saying that the durability is garbage, if anything at all.

How long does Sealant Glaze take to dry after applying a full coat? A lot of people are also stating that they let it dry up on the vehicle over night and then buff it off the next day to make removal easier, but how long does it take until it is dry and can be buffed off? I don't mind buffing off with a QD if it saves time.

ScottB
11-01-2008, 02:32 PM
As offered on the "other" post ....

1. AIO does offer some protection. The original version (said to have been changed due to VOC regs) offered 2 months of protection on its own. It would likely match a wax at best now (3-4 weeks).

2. Sealant is easiest when buffed off immediately as removal can be a pain. Allowing to cure is needed (no water) to allow the durability to truly set.

Surfer
11-01-2008, 04:03 PM
KAIO is great on glass as well, it will clean and leave a light layer of acrylic that beads like crazy, and for whatever reason it seems to last longer on glass then paint. I wouldn't bother with SG, finicky and kinda sterile in looks. If you want good durability and great looks, DG 105, Collinite 845 etc, that combo right there will look great and pretty much last as long as a full Zaino job.