PDA

View Full Version : In between panels?

Texas Dave
10-27-2008, 10:25 AM
I just ordered the Menzerna Porter Cable Ceramic 5.5 Inch Polishing Pad Kit for use on my 2003 Corvette and had a question.

I've watched the tutorial videos and read all I can on the autogeek.net page, but I have one question left (for now).

What do I do with the pads in between each section I'm working on? When I'm done using the foamed wool pad on the first section and moving on to the white pad, what do I do with the foamed wool pad till I need it again on the next section? Should I be putting it in a cleaner of some sort?

Thanks.

-Dave

Matt S.
10-27-2008, 10:42 AM
You can do it 2 ways:

1) do the whole car with one pad/polish combo (usually need to switch to a fresh pad / clean the old one half way through since it becomes saturated with polish)

2) work one panel at a time repeating the process on each. If you do this, just set the pad aside until you need to use it again. Clean it when it becomes saturated with polish, or switch to a fresh pad.

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Do the whole car with the foamed wool then move onto your next step.

robb01
10-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Do the whole car with the foamed wool then move onto your next step.
agreed

ScottB
10-27-2008, 12:41 PM
youve got a winner here ... whole car then switch pads and polishes. Only edge pads can easily be switched and still to much work truthfully.

Texas Dave
10-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info guys! Can't wait to get the polisher and attack the car this weekend. (after maybe practicing on my brother in law's work truck, hehe)