PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna PO106FF And A Corvette...

storm2313
10-27-2008, 06:34 AM
I tried this polish to remove swirls from my 03, and it did appear to bring shine and clarity but I still have light to medium swirls.. I have been using the LC CCS orange and white pads after conditioning them with a spray of Meguiars Ultimate Detailer and using my Vector rotary in between the 1000-1500 RPM range with no more than the machines weight as pressure..

I understand the clearcote on a vette is very hard and was wondering if I should use more pressure on the rotary or step up to a more agressive polish such as SIP? I also have a yellow CCS pad but believe it would be too agressive.. I appreciate any suggestions..

TOGWT
10-27-2008, 07:53 AM
Specific Paint types / Polish and Foam Pad Combinations:

a) Dark or Soft Paint Finishes - PO 85 RD 3.01 Super Intensive Polish (F) black or dark coloured paint surfaces, and 'soft' paint - 1200 RPM -White primary (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action ) LC CCS foam pad followed by a secondary Blue finishing (very soft 100 PPI) LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

b) Light / Medium Paint Correction - Power Finish (PO203S) and PO 85 D3.01 polishes (LC White / LC Blue foam pads 1000 RPM) should be all you need.

c) Paint Renovation - PO S34A Power Gloss (LC Purple wool pad 1500 – 1800 RPM) it has a short work time slow cut but tends to ‘dust’

For more information see article “Menzerna Polishes” ############# a series of informative, knowledge based and unbiased articles dedicated to automotive detailing

ScottB
10-27-2008, 12:44 PM
most Vettes need SIP prior to 106FF or 106FA which act like finishing polishes to jewel the paint as you have seen already.

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-27-2008, 12:46 PM
I would go with some SIP and a green or white pad. An orange pad and vette clear really don't work well together. Then finish up with 106FF on a blue pad.