PDA

View Full Version : Another noob

Pages : [1] 2

Bags
08-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Hi to everyone. I hope tis is the right place for introductions. "Hello Bags,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum" I did a search and still have not found the introduction forum. Did I miss something? Any who
I belong to a few other detail sites and just happened to find this one which is cool because I live just outside Orlando. Even though I will have to pay tax for the products they will be here much faster than the place I get them in Califorina. I have been washing and waxing cars wrong for my entire life, I was very surprised when I started searching for car care products on the internet. Who knew? I am now the proud owner of a 2006 Acura TL nighthawk black pearl with ebony leather int. Its my first ever brand spanking new car. Little did I know how hard black cars were to keep swirl free. I have read just about evey guide to this and that and watched just about every free video on the internet that has to do with detailing. Which is how I found this place. Luckly Neothin is moving up my way and has agreed to show my the way...:righton: I look forward to posting and chatting with you all.

Bags....and finially I have heard it is required to post pics so a little sample for you.
http://photosbydarcie.com/images/tlweb/driversside.JPG

abrcrombe
08-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Welcome and good luck with keeping a black car looking good. I am also part of the insane people's club.

ScottB
08-10-2006, 04:52 PM
with all the specials we offer, you wont worry about tax. And the best thing, is they will likely arrive the next day. I love Florida ....

FloridaNative
08-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah you get it in one day. It's great! Welcome to the forums. We're glad you decided to join us. Congratulations on the new car! :) Don't you just love that smell? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Neothin
08-10-2006, 10:14 PM
*is envious of the TL*

I wish i had one :(

nonetheless, welcome aboard. If anything, membership here will help make that car even more drool-worthy!

Juztang
08-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of useful information here.

Bags
08-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Hey thanks everyone. Neo I am sure you and the TL will become quite close in the future. I am looking for the thread with the Jedi mind trick for my wife. Since she is the one who pays the credit card bills..what are you guys telling your wives about the three figure "car wax" bills? Uh but sweetie it will keep my new car and uh yours too looking new forever. For 100 bucks does it wash and wax its self? uh no sweetie see you have to wash it without adding swirls and that takes good soap and other things so we dont put more scratches in the paint....so how much more is this going to cost? Well sweetie the guys and girls on the web site say it never ends. :( Gotta go I think she just called bright house to cancel my online service. catch you guys later. If anyone has ideas for the Misses let me know. ;) Catch you guys and gals later,

Bags

emaxxman
08-11-2006, 12:26 AM
I am so lusting after a black TL. There is a guy on my street that owns a new black TL with the upgraded A-SPEC rims. It seems that every time I'm outside washing my car, he drives by. The TL is such a sweet car.

I would love to have a black TL but my neighbor's trees bordering my driveway would make it a losing battle to keep it clean. I also like the white and dark grey. They're pretty sweet colors too.

Enjoy the car and enjoy the site. I've learned a ton on here; and there are a ton of really great, knowledgeable, and generous people on this site.

emaxxman
08-11-2006, 12:31 AM
what are you guys telling your wives about the three figure "car wax" bills?

I manage the finances in my house but here's what I tell my wife (who thinks I'm obsessed):

"My obsession keeps you driving in a spotless car."

I sometimes also answer her "dirty looks" with:

"Name one thing that you spend $25k+ on and don't obsess over taking care of it."

To be honest, my wife is pretty cool. Yes she does think I'm obsessed with keeping the car clean...she's even got my daughter making fun of me. But she knows that we don't have alot of money and I do it because it's as much pratical (taking care of your belongings) as it's gratification. We actually take very good care of everything we own (because a single income household in NJ with 2 kids means a very tight budget for the finer things in life.)

FloridaNative
08-11-2006, 06:46 AM
Hey thanks everyone. Neo I am sure you and the TL will become quite close in the future. I am looking for the thread with the Jedi mind trick for my wife. Since she is the one who pays the credit card bills..what are you guys telling your wives about the three figure "car wax" bills? Uh but sweetie it will keep my new car and uh yours too looking new forever. For 100 bucks does it wash and wax its self? uh no sweetie see you have to wash it without adding swirls and that takes good soap and other things so we dont put more scratches in the paint....so how much more is this going to cost? Well sweetie the guys and girls on the web site say it never ends. :( Gotta go I think she just called bright house to cancel my online service. catch you guys later. If anyone has ideas for the Misses let me know. ;) Catch you guys and gals later,

Bags

AG also takes money orders! And alot of the fellas here have their stuff shipped to their work address to hide it from the wife. If she does find your stash you can alway say that you got it on sale or that you got some free samples with your order. ;)

Meghan
08-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Here is the deal... get yourself a prepaid visa card. No just kidding. You have to look at it this way, your car next to your house is the second largest investment you make. :applause: Ask you wife, honey, what if you didnt clean the house, or what if we decided to never mow the yard. :mad: NO more planting flowers, no more up keep on the outside or inside of the house! She would not be happy with you for not doing the upkeep, so she shouldnt be happy with you not keeping up with the car. :righton: You all work hard for your money and when you spend it on things you like to keep them PREATTY!!!!;)
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/mercedes4.jpghttp://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/mercedes2.jpg
This Kompressor is a friend of mine, its a few years old but you could never tell by the paint. She can thank Autogeek for that~:D

Bags
08-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Oh boy it would appear as if I found the pimps and dealers or car care products.;)

Its not really as bad as I make it out to be, I think its because I haven't done anything with her 05 Expedition. :)

ScottB
08-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Oh boy it would appear as if I found the pimps and dealers or car care products

I much prefer the Obi-wan of detailing products and advice. :awesome:

FloridaNative
08-11-2006, 07:13 PM
I much prefer the Obi-wan of detailing products and advice. :awesome:

hahahahahahhaha yeah because then I get to be "Princess Leah" instead of "that AG hoe"! lol

kellyinkc
08-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Welcome. We learn from each other. I send a lot of time reading.