PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with FlexXC 3401

Sonic Fury
10-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Hey, just got my Flex kit along with wolfgang products. What speeds do I need to use for the polishes and such. Was going to use orange pad with swirl remover, white pad with glaze, and will just apply the sealant by hand. Should I use full throttle on the speed trigger? Kinda confused with it, help would be appreciated :cheers:

ScottB
10-25-2008, 04:25 PM
you will use the higher speeds even with the Flex's power. The powered trigger helps in hard to reach areas and to amp up without spitting polish all over the car.

Sonic Fury
10-26-2008, 02:57 PM
I just tried out a few small areas on my car to get a feel for the machine, the results were ok. I did each spot for about 40 seconds on speed 5 but I still had some swirl marks. Also is it safe to buff on edges as well with this machine? I know it can be dangerous on a rotary.

redg35
10-26-2008, 03:24 PM
I just tried out a few small areas on my car to get a feel for the machine, the results were ok. I did each spot for about 40 seconds on speed 5 but I still had some swirl marks. Also is it safe to buff on edges as well with this machine? I know it can be dangerous on a rotary.
You may need a stronger polish to get the swirls out.I have never had a problem going over the edges with my flex or my rotary.....you just have to be careful.

Sonic Fury
10-26-2008, 05:10 PM
You may need a stronger polish to get the swirls out.I have never had a problem going over the edges with my flex or my rotary.....you just have to be careful.I am using Wolfgang swirl remover and heard it was pretty strong. Used it with the orange pad, but might have to make another pass...I just thought the flex would pretty much do it all in one pass.

loudog2
10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
If the swirls are medium to heavy, use menzerna SIP. Then follow it up with some 106FA. The wolfgang TSR is like Menzerna IP w/less dust. It finishes down pretty good also. But you might need more cutting power.

Sonic Fury
10-27-2008, 08:52 PM
I think that I need to work the polish a little bit longer. The swirls are noticable but nothing extreme. I already have the wolfgang kit so I would prefer not to buy anything else.

robb01
10-27-2008, 09:26 PM
I think that I need to work the polish a little bit longer. The swirls are noticable but nothing extreme. I already have the wolfgang kit so I would prefer not to buy anything else.
Yeah, you might need to spend a little more time in that area, or try a more aggressive pad

ajm1969
11-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey all i just got my flex polisher and i am kinda scarred and I'm going to do something wrong to my paint.

loudog2
11-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Don't be scared. Nothing is going to happen. Just don't leave it sitting in one spot for a long time. Other than that, you'll be fine.

ajm1969
11-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Don't be scared. Nothing is going to happen. Just don't leave it sitting in one spot for a long time. Other than that, you'll be fine.

So just put a dab of swirl remover on the pad and go for it

loudog2
11-14-2008, 04:47 PM
A quarter size in the middle, or 3 small dabs along the edges is fine. Spread polish while it's off. Then turn it on sped 3 to spread onto the working area. Bump speed up to 6 and go to town. Work a 2ft x 2ft section at a time. Move slow, and overlap each pass. It's not like a rotary. It wont burn the paint that easily.

ajm1969
12-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Ok everyone i used the flex today and god do i love it. But my next question is can you wash the Lake County Pads ? I did not have the money to get the cleaner bucket.

Thanks

loudog2
12-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Get the pad rejuvenator(DP, Wolfgang). Mix it in a bucket with water and let the pads soak. Use your thumb to get the polish, sealant or wax out. Some people use Dawn dish soap.

INMY01TA
12-27-2008, 10:18 PM
I wash my pads with Woolite in a bucket.