PDA

View Full Version : finishing out hazy

redtail
10-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi all,
I'm working on a car with black single stage paint. Removing moderate swirl marks and light scratches. I'm using a DA buffer with the following products:

Meg's #84 w/ light cut pad
Meg's #80 w/ light cut pad
Meg's D151 w/polish pad
Meg's #7 with polish pad
Meg's #21 with finish pad
Meg's #26 by hand

I did a trial section, and the area I worked on is looking more grey than black, and it's not as shiny as the part I didn't work. The swirls and scratches have come out, but I'm not sure why it isn't shining up well. Should I be using something other than D151? Any suggestions? I tried to take some photos, but they are pretty useless, as I can't get the difference to show. Thanks!

ScottB
10-23-2008, 05:08 PM
in general ... hazing usually suggests using to my polish or not allowing it to break down fully prior to removal. I use to use Megs DACP without issue and very pad dependant.

redtail
10-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Edit #3 lol.

Okay, I tried a few things and didn't make any progress until I switched to a finishing pad for the 151 step and really worked the product until it was totally broken down and oily. And I'm pretty sure that did the trick, I'll have to check in the sun tomorrow, but it looks like no more haze.

Thanks for the tip, I would be totally lost without this forum. This is the first black car I'm working on and I think it's going to turn out great.

Oh yeah, and I'm going to skip the #7 step and just put #21 over the 151.

Cheers!

TSIFREAK
10-25-2008, 05:08 PM
I agree with to much polish as I have done the same thing. I had a pro detailer polish my car with menzerna 106ff with a obrital and the amount of polish used was shocking! On a pad 4 dots were use thats it per section. Like killer said hazing is from not heating up the polish enough to do its job.