PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cleaners...please list your favorites

Pages : [1] 2

RPM06
08-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Hello all,

I really hoping on getting a comparison between DP Glass Cleaner and Stoner's Invisable glass. I've used only Stoner's over the last few months with really on compliants other than the Aersol can tends to spray all over the place which drives me nutz!

Anyway I'm almost out of the Stoner's cleaner so wanted to gather some of your thoughts and comments prior to placing another order. Thank in advance!

:cheers:

Tex Star Detail
08-10-2006, 02:41 PM
I too have been using Stoners IG. Since I like to save money, I have been playing with SprayWay glass cleaner and really like it. It is about a buck cheaper than IG as well.

To keep it off freshly dressed panels, I spray it on my window cleaning towel first.....

emaxxman
08-10-2006, 02:54 PM
I've never used the DP but it's supposed to be very good. I've used Stoner's and it's very good. If you're on a budget, go for the Meguiar's Detailer line - glass cleaner concentrate. I'm currently using that and I like it alot. 1 gallon of concentrate makes 11 gallons of cleaner for less than $20. It has more work time than Stoner's on a hot window. I also use it on my storm door, patio door, and windows inside the house. They are absolutely crystal clear. It also has a great grape smell to it...much nicer than the chemical smell of Stoner's.

I use a folded, clean, mf towel. One side does the scrubbing, the other side does the buffing. Clean streak free windows everytime. The secret to clean streak free windows is a clean mf towel to start with. Any dirty towel will leave streaks no matter which product you use.

jforget1
08-10-2006, 03:08 PM
I have been using the Stoners IG as well and have been very happy with it.

FloridaNative
08-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Ay!! I was going to use my Krystal Vision for the first time today but I got rained out and only managed to vacuum the interior and clean the vinyl and protect it. I'm going to try to finish the job tomorrow and I'll be able to give you a definite on the DP since I always use IG too. I can say that I have used the DP Glass Restorer and that stuff is the BOMB!!! It REALLY makes the glass clear, even better than IG, but it can only be used on exterior glass. I'll use my KV tomorrow and I'll report back my findings on how it compares with IG. :)

ScottB
08-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Stoners makes a pump version also. I find DP's Krystal Vision to be equally as rewarding. I always like Sprayway also but is an aerosol. (it has a nice lavender scent)
http://www.autogeek.net/glasscare.html

RPM06
08-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Ay!! I was going to use my Krystal Vision for the first time today but I got rained out and only managed to vacuum the interior and clean the vinyl and protect it. I'm going to try to finish the job tomorrow and I'll be able to give you a definite on the DP since I always use IG too. I can say that I have used the DP Glass Restorer and that stuff is the BOMB!!! It REALLY makes the glass clear, even better than IG, but it can only be used on exterior glass. I'll use my KV tomorrow and I'll report back my findings on how it compares with IG. :)

Perfect. I'll look for your review tomorrow.

The Diamondite Kit is excellent but too expensive to use for every day. I used it on my old Chevy truck and on my sister's beat up Jetta. Brought the glass back to life and took out some really bad water ecthing.

sooper
08-10-2006, 05:16 PM
I am very happy with the results I get with Stoners IG. I have both types of dispensers, but prefer the pump version.

Reddwarf
08-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Stoners is great, especially for the cost. I've seen the pump spray bottle for sale at Wally World. I bought mine from AG and am very happy with it. However, I also bought the DP Krystal Vision and I think it is better than Stoners.

JoeD
08-10-2006, 05:32 PM
I have not used Stoners but Love DP Krystal Vision. I even bought some for my wife to use around the house. She is amazed at the results. If it's not broke why fix it. Love the stuff. JoeD

RPM06
08-10-2006, 05:45 PM
I have not used Stoners but Love DP Krystal Vision. I even bought some for my wife to use around the house. She is amazed at the results. If it's not broke why fix it. Love the stuff. JoeD

I think I'm going to buy the 2 pack and give DP a try. Thanks all for your comments.

Reddwarf
08-10-2006, 06:05 PM
I think I'm going to buy the 2 pack and give DP a try. Thanks all for your comments.

I don't think you will be sorry! Great product, especially in combo with the glass restorer.

Kelso
08-10-2006, 07:27 PM
my first use of stoners put me in awe. the stuff is awesome. havent used DP but i think i will on my next order of glass cleaner. i always use pump spray too i hate aerosol cans

RPM06
08-10-2006, 07:37 PM
I too have been using Stoners IG. Since I like to save money, I have been playing with SprayWay glass cleaner and really like it. It is about a buck cheaper than IG as well.

To keep it off freshly dressed panels, I spray it on my window cleaning towel first.....

by the way that Spiderman clip is freakin' hilarious....:D

Sevenrd
08-10-2006, 07:47 PM
FK425 works great for me.