PDA

View Full Version : New Member saying Hello to all AG members

xiongxtreme2382
10-23-2008, 04:24 AM
new member all the way from Fresno, California. you can count on me being on here alot with lots of questions. not really new to detailing but new to PC. i always detail by hand, but just recently purchased the Menzerna Porter Cable Ceramic Show Car Kit and received from ups today. so here is my first question. my car is a 2000 toyota celica, white in color. i heard alot from this blog that imports cars such as toyota has a sensative clear coat. so how do i go about polishing and waxing to get rid of my swirls and hazing. i was going to try Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 FA with White pad then Menzerna Finishing Glaze with Blue pad, but i don't want to go really aggresive with it because i'm still new to PC. i'm scared that i might burn the paint and regret getting the PC. also after the step where i seal the car with Menzerna Finishing Glaze do i need to seal it of with a wax. which wax would be nice for the buck. and can i use Megs wax. i have alot of there products. thank you for stopping by.

supercharged
10-23-2008, 12:38 PM
:welcome:

Pyrocite
10-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Just remember before starting to polish the whole car take 2"x2" area and play with it till your satisfied with results. If you polish with pc7424 on #5 you will not get any clear burn unless something terribly went wrong. Get a permanent marker and mark your backplate so you see it rotating when applying pressure.

Meghan
10-23-2008, 02:15 PM
:welcome: